No announcement yet.

Euro Diamantschwarz 316i>>325i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a few years since I made any update here.

Through 2017-2018, I started doing all suspension refurbishment again:

Koni SA & HD front & rear shock mounts here - we also replaced lemforder control arms, ball joints, tie rods, e36 M3 CAB, engine mounts.

Started doing timing belts & valve adjustment.. then we ended up replacing all seals, gaskets, belts, then cleaned up all the underbody + treated front subframe with anti-corrosion material.

sigpic

Comment

And earlier this year, I got into a minor collision. Luckily the damage was limited to hood, driver side fender, and front end. At that point I already bought a pair of brand new OE fenders from dealership, as they started to bubble from the bottom, so I decided to get it all apart to fix the damage properly, as well as all the rust.

Here's the damage:

All ripped apart

Both front jack points have rust

As well as the rear battery tray:

Front bumper support has been cut, hammered back to its shape, then shot with primer:

New metal pieces in:

I was lucky enough get all the new OE parts (rad support, front valence, grille support, hood and both fenders), minus the front plastic bumper.

I also got to fix a big dent in rear quarter:

More bodywork:

I also bought a pair of genuine hella smoked smileys:

Putting them all together:

sigpic

Comment

And.. done. It took a while to align everything together, but it's looking good as new. The colormatch is pretty awesome - to the point I can't tell where has been painted, blended or original. There's subtle orange peel which will be gone after wet-sand & paint correction.

sigpic

Comment

Clean...classy black, nice!
          http://instagram.com/mundieriss
          my 88' m20b30 HERE!

Comment

beautiful car

The Build:
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

This is fantastic. You took care of that rust like it wasn't even a big deal. Meanwhile i'm spending my life fixing mine. The damn jack points by the wheel well seems like the dumbest part of the entire body outside of the battery tray area... or the exhaust shielding studs...

Comment

Nice Car! Did you join the FB Ontario page? Also were you driving down DVP last week morning 8am ? :)

Comment

Originally posted by E30DPG View Post
                  Nice Car! Did you join the FB Ontario page? Also were you driving down DVP last week morning 8am ? :)
                  I'm a member on E30 Ontario! Probably not me because I didn't take DVP last week :)
                  sigpic

Comment

After a fresh wash + duragloss sealant:

Also replaced a stock rear speaker with premium speaker & rear shelf.
                    sigpic

Comment

Very nice. What size tire are you running?

Comment

Originally posted by Cambmw View Post
                        Very nice. What size tire are you running?
                        It's 205-55r15.
                        sigpic

Comment

Got the Strömung muffler in place of stock Eberspächer muffler which developed a hole. mounting points didn't seem to match up with stock hangers so we ended up cutting them out and re-use ones from the stock muffler.

Also did some tune ups because throttle response at lower rpm got sluggish and my buddy installed new ignition wires, ignition coil, caps and rotors, (It's been 5+ years old since I got them replaced) along with spark plugs.

Quick test drive around the block .. and it always amazes me how much difference those make!

Last edited by jasonbk; 09-04-2020, 11:35 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

I may not be seeing the picture clearly, but you are only supposed to use the stock upper muffler straps for the Strömung mufflers. The lower straps can be discarded. And it does matter which upper strap goes in the front vs rear location.

Your car is looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                              I may not be seeing the picture clearly, but you are only supposed to use the stock upper muffler straps for the Strömung mufflers. The lower straps can be discarded. And it does matter which upper strap goes in the front vs rear location.

Your car is looking good!
                              You're right - I realized after putting them on. One of the mounting locations for the upper strap was welded in a wrong place, as well as the metal hook you hang the rubber hanger, so we cut them off and re-welded them.

Here are a few shots after getting a stage 2 polishing and ceramic coat:

sigpic

Comment

Wow, such a classy car. Dark colour with chromeline and BMW Style 5's is such a treat to look at.
                                Belgian E30 Driver
                                /
                                //
                                1990 - E30 - 318i Cabriolet Brilliantrot
                                /// 1988 - E30 - 320i Touring Diamantschwarz (Sold)
                                /// 1990 - E30 - 318IS Coupé Lazurblau

Check out my Rare BMW Music Edition Cassettes Topic

Comment

Working...
                                X