My Alpine White 1991 325iX (Bay Area)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought this 1991 325iX about a month ago (November 2015) and am finally getting around to joining an e30 forum and starting this thread. I intend to do most of what I can do myself with help from friends, family, and information from the infinitely resourceful e30 community. This is my daily and am building her to be reliable and beautiful. I'll be sure to keep this thread up to date with my progress and nicer photos I take with my Fujifilm camera.

Let's get to the car

What the car came with:

112k Miles
    Automatic Transmission
    Alpine White paint (originally red)
    Borbet type c rims plus spare
    Kumho Ecsta 4x tires
    HID light kit
    smoked sidemarkers and taillights
    cracked dashboard + an extra uninstalled uncracked dashboard
    Black leather sport seats (excellent condition)
    That cupholder wedge that replaces the ashtray

Original images of the car that the PO put on craigslist:

What I've done so far:

Removed stupid apple logo from window lol
    Connected the cup holder's cig lighter, PO never used it
    Added front lip (cheap M Tech "type")
    Nardi steering wheel + hub adapter kit (390mm wood + polished spokes)
    500W Alpine mono amp
    two 10inch Alpine subs
    New battery (old one had a bad cell, wouldn't hold charge after amp install)

My love for cars like the e30 comes from a diffent place than your average... I won't do anything completely ridiculous like this, but when I think e30 I'm thinking EPMD, Paid in Full, early 90's hip-hop shit. I'm a 24 year old black man with a love for old school/conscious hip-hop. this car was born the same year as me

You get the point.

What I wanna do:

Touch up paint for problem areas (waiting for a sunny day)
    Cop an alpine brand head unit and lil alpine tweeters
    Paint borbet rims with vintage gold plastidip (cursing the weather daily)
    Black-out rest of silver trim
    Perhaps paint metal on Nardi steering wheel gold too? Hard not to scratch the shiny metal finish
    Replace stuck antenna
    Adjust uneven fenders? Looks like its been bumped. Front and rear.
    Add front strut bar

Misc history (since 2013):

Car was rebuilt in like 1992, salvage in Nevada but clear title here in California - maybe that's when original owner (before last PO) painted it white?
    New power steering rack + boots (Sidenote: Damnnn PO paid almost as much as I paid for the car for this job to be done)
    A/C drive belt
    New front axle boots
    New motor mounts
    New power steering hoses
    New fuel pump
    Valves adjusted
    etc
    Last edited by Nef_e30; 12-13-2015, 01:38 AM.

Cool more ix here :)

Keep it going
    https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
    https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

Looks very clean, have fun with it! Engine bay is spotless, beautiful

And the golden age of hip hop, I remember Mobb Deep on the infamous album having a line about cruising in the 535, back when rappers drove classy cars instead of look at me modern AMG's and the lot
      Instagram : makeitsnap

1985 e28 520i

Comment

the only generation of hip hop I listen to! Good choice in music esp for a younger generation like yourself.
        www.instagram.com/snwmble
        #snwmble

Current:
        '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
        '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
        '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
        '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
        '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
        '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
        '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
        '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

NEFFFFF!

TEAM Alpine! haha Yo, such a trip to have you run into. Dating back to our music myspace pages. Very dope to know you're still heavily involved with Music, which I'm sure will always stay with you. I had no idea you were into these older bimmers as well. Btw, where are you staying in the bay area now? We should definitely link up.

Instagram @prsvere88
          Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by bostonvert View Post
            Looks very clean, have fun with it! Engine bay is spotless, beautiful

And the golden age of hip hop, I remember Mobb Deep on the infamous album having a line about cruising in the 535, back when rappers drove classy cars instead of look at me modern AMG's and the lot
            Originally posted by audiquattrot View Post
            the only generation of hip hop I listen to! Good choice in music esp for a younger generation like yourself.
            Thanks! You guys know what I'm talking about. I'm glad there are people here on the forum that feel me on the music tip :nice:

"The three twenty-five got that Windex shine" Q-Tip

Comment

Originally posted by Eufonik View Post
              NEFFFFF!

TEAM Alpine! haha Yo, such a trip to have you run into. Dating back to our music myspace pages. Very dope to know you're still heavily involved with Music, which I'm sure will always stay with you. I had no idea you were into these older bimmers as well. Btw, where are you staying in the bay area now? We should definitely link up.
              Yee!

Small world, man. I've seen your car on forums/insta hashtags but didn't realize it was yours until yesterday haha. I've always been a fan of bimmers but this is my first one. I originally wanted a 7 series but started to like the 3 series more. I'm in the East Bay in Hayward! Always down to link up.

Comment

Purchased 325iX BBS basketweaves from E30_bronzit_vert for $300, painted Porsche Silver by a previous owner. I may plastidip them gold and dip my Borbets white instead.

I will probably put the same Kumho tires I have on my Borbets on these and get center hub caps when I find a good deal (ain't paying another $200 for center caps bruh)

Also picked up some Vogtland sport/lowering springs for $50 (not really sure if the front will fit my iX)

Front: 951012 VA
                Rear: 951014 HA

Will update with better pics + info
                Last edited by Nef_e30; 12-18-2015, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X