The Official Engine Bay Photo Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Looks like you have most of the turbo kit. I'd suggest converting it to EFI and doing the turbo on the stock motor. They are fairly stout and decent CR as-is. My cousins 2002 with a M10 turbo but down 225whp
    It came factory E.F.I but I did upgrade everything fuel related too, (except lift pump in tank I see no reason to do anything to that one) just didn't want to flood with pictures lol. New high volume in-line pump, brand new rail, new fuel injectors, new hoses, new aftermarket pressure regulator. I'll add photos since you brought it up lol

Comment

Originally posted by Whit3 E30 View Post

It came factory E.F.I but I did upgrade everything fuel related too, (except lift pump in tank I see no reason to do anything to that one) just didn't want to flood with pictures lol. New high volume in-line pump, brand new rail, new fuel injectors, new hoses, new aftermarket pressure regulator. I'll add photos since you brought it up lol
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Looks like you have most of the turbo kit. I'd suggest converting it to EFI and doing the turbo on the stock motor. They are fairly stout and decent CR as-is. My cousins 2002 with a M10 turbo but down 225whp
        Also Megasquirt ms2 v3.57. But with all the money I put into this engine already I'm not using factory anything besides block, crank and head casting. (Little over $2k into the head in 2015, Port n polish, 3 angle valve cut, bigger valves, mild cam(recently bought adjustable cam gear), 4-1 Long tube headers to 2.5" collector) Plus what I'm doing to the bottom end(first set of pictures) lighter forged pistons an rods, full rotational assembly balancing. I'm looking to get 150hp~ not boosted and I want 300hp boosted. 225hp isn't bad for just slapping a turbo on a factory engine that only made 100 hp from the start, but I want to do it once an do it right lol an make over 300hp or at least 300. An I know o could of just got a m20 an spent less but F that. Everyone does that. I wanted to do something to it that not allot of people do. I love the M10 I hate that people throw them aside so I am keeping them on the road. Lol I'm also changing the trunk badge to the M logo but have 10 after it so it'll say "M10" with only the hood an trunk bmw logos!!
        Last edited by Whit3 E30; 03-23-2022, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X