• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn dude, you work fast! looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by jhaurimn View Post
      Excellent work on those door cards
      Thanks! I really want this car to be nice, and am very impatient, so I've been chipping away at the car lately. So much to do, so little time. Actually I have a lot of time, but I'm wondering if I can bring this car, and the 1600 to Pebble Beach weekend in August. I'm betting I can.

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
      The door panels turned out great.
      Thanks man! I hate working on people's cars, but will put in hours and hours into my own stuff. I actually low-key hate cars because they need so much work, but can't bring myself to buy new cars because of how quickly they depreciate and deteriorate.

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
      Damn dude, you work fast! looking good.
      Yew! I'm still plugging away at it.

For example, I was able to strip the rest of the wheels, buy the fancy primer, Wurth Silver paint, and 2K Clear Coat. I figure if I stripped the wheels, I might as well paint them too. I probably spent $100 just in primer/color/clear coat today. I shot two coats of primer today. Tomorrow will be color and maybe, just maybe, clear coat on friday. Then mount tires that also showed up today.

But the product is turning out great. I went ahead and stripped two other valve covers today as well. One is a tii VC, and the other is standard.

I'm a little worried that these tires may be too wide for the fenders. I will be running coilovers with camber adjustability, but still, these tires are MEATY. Falken Azenis RT-615K. Looks like I won't be sliding around anywhere with these.

And here is the small collection of valve covers I have at the house. I probably have another 5 at the warehouse.

I hope to get the wheels mounted this weekend and see what needs to be adjusted.
      world renown Harry Potter expert
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
        I'm wondering if I can bring this car, and the 1600 to Pebble Beach weekend in August. I'm betting I can.

Everything is looking great, the fresh painted steelies will look amazing with that rubber.
        instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Big Willy View Post
          Everything is looking great, the fresh painted steelies will look amazing with that rubber.
          I think I can make the deadline. I just picked up all these various hoses and gaskets and stuff. I want this car in tip-top shape.

I hate how this photo represents $360 worth of parts.

sigpic

Comment

Genuinely jealous of your rate of speed Ryan.

Be interested in seeing how you tackle those rear window latches. Mine need to be pretty'd up quite a bit.
            ADAMS Autosport

Comment

I'm a little worried that these tires may be too wide for the fenders. I will be running coilovers with camber adjustability, but still, these tires are MEATY. Falken Azenis RT-615K. Looks like I won't be sliding around anywhere with these.

LOL no more scary moments in the mountains. I'm a fan of these.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Are you located near long beach, CA? I'd love to come see your car in person and maybe grab a brew if you're around me and in for that kind of stuff. Love the progress of your build its fun to read about.

-E
                -ALaS

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                  LOL no more scary moments in the mountains. I'm a fan of these.
                  Yaaaas, wonder how these will look
                  Instagram:@himynameskevin
                  sigpic

Flickr!

Comment

Originally posted by alas View Post
                    Are you located near long beach, CA? I'd love to come see your car in person and maybe grab a brew if you're around me and in for that kind of stuff. Love the progress of your build its fun to read about.

-E
                    Are you asking me out on a date?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kevmac858 View Post
                      Yaaaas, wonder how these will look
                      Probably awesome. Once I get into a car, it instantly becomes awesome. Trust me.
                      sigpic

Comment

Are you asking me out on a date?

Only if you pay ;)

-E
                        -ALaS

Comment

Originally posted by alas View Post
                          Only if you pay ;)

-E
                          I mean, I guess?

Nearly finished with these things. They are the absolute boobs. They came out much better than I had expected.

I used these:

To get to this (wet clear coat):

And finally the finished product (dry clear coat):

I'll mate the two halves tomorrow, to make one super set of tires. Now I just hope that everything clears the stock fenders. I did absolutely no math when I had the wheels modified or when I bought the tires. I was going off hopes and dreams and my college education. Let's see if school helped me at all in my life, starting with wheels.

sigpic

Comment

Wow, the finish looks incredible

Comment

Damn, those wheels came out great!! And your attention to detail is superb! I love the car. My dad's first BMW and first car purchased new was a burgundy tii in 1974. He kept it 20 years, fixing it as needed, upgrading components, bored and stroked the engine when it needed a rebuild etc. Unfortunately sold it the year I was born since it needed a full resto. Little did he know I'd grow up to be the fanatic I am.

I love both sem and wurth. What's your opinion of that 2k clear?
                              '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                              Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                                I love both sem and wurth. What's your opinion of that 2k clear?
                                I bet your dad is pissed he sold that car now too! But then again, from the time you were born to now, would be a substantial amount of time to hold onto a car that they probably didn't need at the time.

I hear that the 2k clear coat is very aggressive and will lift laquer-based color right off the surface. But using the three products and allowing time for each to dry, I didn't have any issue, and the clear is the highest quality I've seen, that has come from an aerosol can. It's so thick and glossy. You'd think these wheels were powdercoated.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X