X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing Aftermarket Cardinal Carpet

*ADMIN PLEASE DELETE THREAD. POSTED IN THE WRONG FORUM SECTION*

thanks.

Hey R3v! so ive been hearing mixed things about the fitment of the Stockinteriors.com carpet.
    Couldnt find much info on others installing theirs. for the price of $200 shipped to my door i figured i would try.
    i installed the carpet by itself for its first test fitment seen here

After seeing how much material i had after setting it in place i decided i would try to mount it over my old oem
    carpet after cleaning it of course to do some trial and error. few things here and there held me up such as the
    various trim sitting down right because it had two carpets but it was all easily manageable. here is what it looks
    like now after stapling areas that cant be seen and using spray adhesive to keep the new carpet glued to oem fitment.

i will keep updating pictures here, ill be back at the shop tonight to do some more trim work and what not.
    Hope this may help some of you in the future!
    Last edited by 87bmw325is; 02-25-2016, 11:44 AM.
    sigpic
    Restore all the e30's!

Cool info, thanks for being the guinea pig. That's definitely not cardinal red though. That's straight up firetruck red or something.

This is cardinal red. New dye compared to original protected and original worn. Most people consider the dark cherry red to be what cardinal red should be. But even that's not right.

AWD > RWD

Comment

If you can find an 84/85, the carpet padding is separate on most, makes using an aftermarket kit much easier and cleaner

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

How did you get the gas pedal out?

Comment

^There are clips of a sort on the floor bracket, but it's normally a pry upwards and you're done sort of thing.

Comment

Working...
          X