No announcement yet.

02 update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow, you build some sweet cars. can't wait to see what it's going to look like in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by SchnellerVert
      One question thou You have spent numerous hours and cash into the resto but you didn't cap your jack stands with a rubber top or a clother to prevent exposed surfaces.
      good eye, but im painting the entire underside black. i still need to move the stands from their current position and paint underneath them. its the best i can do without a rotisserie. when i do that ill protect the areas they will be sitting on.
      We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
      www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

I thought you already had an M2?? What happened to that, or is it just all taken apart and being rebuilt? Or I could be off my rocker :)

I wish mine could look that good, I just dont have the time, money, space and other resources to manage it. Im doing what I can :) For now, unless I can find a deal on an S14 and can sell my rebuilt M20, and 323i 5 speed, my 2002 is getting the M20 swap...

I was checking out your parts list, do you have the euro turn signals? I thought I had seen that you were selling them at some point.
        Last edited by Justin B; 07-25-2006, 06:18 PM.

Comment

really cool. I saw an orange 02 on the road the other day. Kind of caught me off guard, but cool to see. Looks like yours is going to be killer.

So, you going to be using as a daily or fun weekend car or something? An 02 as a daily driver, that's like old, rich doctor cruisin right there.

Comment

Originally posted by blunt
            im going to just take my time and hopefully have it on the road next spring.
            id like to drive it out west for the palo alto show if possible
            Please do, I'd love to see this car completed and in person. Nice job, can't wait to see more updates.
            318is -gone-

Comment

Originally posted by Justin B
              I thought you already had an M2?? What happened to that, or is it just all taken apart and being rebuilt? Or I could be off my rocker :)

I wish mine could look that good, I just dont have the time, money, space and other resources to manage it. Im doing what I can :) For now, unless I can find a deal on an S14 and can sell my rebuilt M20, and 323i 5 speed, my 2002 is getting the M20 swap...

I was checking out your parts list, do you have the euro turn signals? I thought I had seen that you were selling them at some point.
              this is the only one i have. i actually built it before paint so i wouldnt have to do any modifications after paint.thats probably what you saw. then i dissasembled it and sent it off for bodywork. yes, i have everything for these cars. email me at unkorama at g mail dot com and ill send you a price list.

sales@blunttech.com
              www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen
                really cool. I saw an orange 02 on the road the other day. Kind of caught me off guard, but cool to see. Looks like yours is going to be killer.

So, you going to be using as a daily or fun weekend car or something? An 02 as a daily driver, that's like old, rich doctor cruisin right there.
                this will be my summer daily. i am going to retire my e30 to track only

sales@blunttech.com
                www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

funny you should say that chris, im struggling with that. ive cleaned them multiple times and have considered painting them but i wonder what theyll look like in a year or 2 if i paint. i powder coated the timing cover but it just doesnt seem right to paint raw aluminum to me.
                  As George would say... PM SENT
                  Below the radar...

Comment

Woops, my bad. That must have been what I saw, just that before paint. I've already got your list, I picked up one of your most recent 3 heater grommets posted on the FAQ. I did however look back at the list and found the turns I was looking for, guess I was just blind. Im adding that to my pile of parts I'll eventually need/want ;) Like I said before, we'll definately be in touch. Thanks.

Oh, what kind of sound deadening are you using? I was thinking about getting a bunch of Fatmat for mine..

Comment

Originally posted by Justin B
                      Woops, my bad. That must have been what I saw, just that before paint. I've already got your list, I picked up one of your most recent 3 heater grommets posted on the FAQ. I did however look back at the list and found the turns I was looking for, guess I was just blind. Im adding that to my pile of parts I'll eventually need/want ;) Like I said before, we'll definately be in touch. Thanks.

Oh, what kind of sound deadening are you using? I was thinking about getting a bunch of Fatmat for mine..
                      i had a bit of fatmat and i used 120 sq feet of edead vs1e (i think)
                      i prefer working with the edead over the fat mat and i think edead appears to be a better product but i have no details to prove that. it just feels better and is easier to work with.
                      let me know if i can help with anything. i didnt put the justin b together with your last order but i get it now. thanks for the sale

sales@blunttech.com
                      www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

good eye, but im painting the entire underside black. i still need to move the stands from their current position and paint underneath them. its the best i can do without a rotisserie. when i do that ill protect the areas they will be sitting on.
                        Having racked up at least 100 hours on my own resto (non-bmw), carelessness goes out the door... In fact, I have found that it gets to a point where every small detail and step along the way is over-analyzed.

With your level of detail and attention, jackstands simply don't get overlooked. I wouldn't question your planning one bit.

Cheers and keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing more pictures!

Comment

Very Cool indeed.
                          1989 US E30 Cammed S52
                          Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

damn
                            PNW Crew
                            90 m3
                            06 m5

Comment

looking great steve. hope to see the finished product here in the eastcoast.

ps: next time make sure you take good care of your mullet ;)

1991 330is

Comment

Wow that looks great.

Makes me wish I had the facilities to strip my car down to a shell and rebuild it. I know I'd turn into some anal asshole and it would take me 3 years to complete though.

Comment

Working...
                                X