My Dads E34 M5 "Barn Find"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cephas View Post
    Wow, that paint needed wax badly. Curious to see what a good buff could bring out.
    Originally posted by jhaurimn View Post
    Id suggest having an experienced detailer try wet sanding the trunk before painting it. You would be surprised :)
    Thanks for the tip, I brought it up to my Dad last week and it's another consideration now on the table. First off where going to bring the car to our paint guy we've been dealing with for years, hopefully he can recommend/ do something about it. The main concern is the baseball logo on the trunk lid, he want's to keep it due to the history of the car so wet sanding definitely isn't out of the question. Also to the previous comment above, I love the trim in this car. Hands down the best wood trim BMW ever offered.

Well since last seeing the car my Dad's done a TON of detailing. The hood.. I'm shocked how good it came out. That German wax he has does wonder's.. The only panel he hasn't done is the trunk lid for obvious reasons. You guys saw the sorry state the car was in, it was damn near pink! It's a shame about the trunk lid, or the paint on this car would easily be a 8/10. Besides detailing the paint, he also changed the rear brake pads, wiper blades, scrubbed the wheel wells, and a few other things I can't remember since I wasn't there. He found out while scrubbing the wheel wells the car sits on bilstein's.

A new ///M emblem is on the way for the plenum, onto the pics!

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
    1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
    1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
    1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
    1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
    1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
    Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
    1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
    1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
    X