Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maestro - 91 Schwarz 325i Sedan

Hello All,

New to E30's and the forum, thought I'd post some photos up.

Plans are to do regular maintenance (timing belt, water pump, thermostat, valve cover gasket etc.) After that I'll lower it and try to get some style 5 wheels. respray and redo the interior.

I'll post better photos later this week, these don't show how bad the body really is.

Major maintenance and BimmerFest Photos

So Update

My friends and I replaced the following:

Timing Belt
    Water Pump
    Fan Clutch
    Crank and Cam Seals
    Spark Plugs
    Valve Adjustment
    Drive Belts
    Tensioner
    Valve Cover Gasket
    Radiator Hoses
    Fluids

I'm sure there's something missing, I'll add it later if I remember.

Here are some photos, also went to Bimmerfest and found some needed motivation.

Some BimmerFest Photos. If you see your car here, I must have really liked it lol

Comment

Nice man. I want a 4 door so bad. That's probably gonna be next after I'm done with mine.
      Instagram: @E30_Lue
      "Maggie": 1991 BMW 318is

Comment

Originally posted by Lue_614 View Post
        Nice man. I want a 4 door so bad. That's probably gonna be next after I'm done with mine.
        Aha thanks man, I'll trade if you want haha

Comment

Decided to paint my tail lights this weekend. Don't have any experience painting and you can tell by the finished result. But for 22 bucks I can't complain.

First noticed that one Amber looked darker than the other, thought this could be from different years?

During

Clear coat applied

Sanded and buffed. On the car, I feel like I can see some Amber still.

It was my first attempt and if it really bothers me in a couple weeks, I'll do them over. For now they'll do.

Comment

Looks like you're off to a great start. It's good to get that timing belt and water pump changed out so you know it's done. E30's are great cars and fairly easy to wrench on. Enjoy it. Can't wait to see more progress.
            1988 BMW 325i Cabrio- Weekend toy
            1994 BMW 740iL- Daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by DirtDog15 View Post
              Looks like you're off to a great start. It's good to get that timing belt and water pump changed out so you know it's done. E30's are great cars and fairly easy to wrench on. Enjoy it. Can't wait to see more progress.

Thanks man, I appreciate that. I agree, the car doesn't seem too difficult to work on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Update, just bought a plastic bumper from a fellow member, expecting it in the next couple weeks. I don't really want to paint it schwarz since my paint is not in good condition anyway.

So it doesn't look that atrocious, I bought this from my local paint store.

I will be ordering a lip soon, as well as trim. Does anyone know if this euro trim from ECS is for plastic bumpers?

Comment

Update*

Received bumper today from
                  BleedBlue, and was very excited to paint it. I'm waiting on the trim parts from Ecs and I'm hoping the euro trim fits my bumper.

I'm also going to order a front lip, bumper brackets, and try to see what's wrong with my oil cool brackets.

SEM trim paint came out very nice! This is only temporary since I hope to get euro grills in the near future.

You can tell how faded the paint was by comparing the inner kidney to the just painted grill.

I thought this looked cool

Comment

Ahhhh snap! Bumper trim got here today, have to adjust it, doesn't fit perfectly (aftermarket) but I don't care lol it sure does look a lot better than when I first bought it. Just needs a lip and I need to fix the oil cooler brackets. Slowly but surely

Comment

Haven't done much to the car, just been enjoying it. Early next year it should be done, at least for bimmerfest. Here's a photo I took recently, I'm trying to learn how to edit in PS.

Comment

Fun, fun! I'm doing the same work on my car, it looks like you're off to a good start!

Comment

Originally posted by bmwtool View Post
                          Fun, fun! I'm doing the same work on my car, it looks like you're off to a good start!
                          Thanks Man!

Comment

Taillights came out great. I still need to wet sand/polish mine.

Are you sticking with the original car color? Schwarz?
                            1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

my guess would be the taillights are different manufacturers. nice build though keep it up
                              Originally posted by Lof8
                              Seriously. Every black wheel, regardless of spoke design, looks the same from more than 3 feet away.

Comment

Working...
                              X