No announcement yet.

DS 1991 318iS Restomod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice thread! I'm glad to hear the A-1 Cardone axles are good for a couple of people. There are some reviews where people had issues with the splines not being deburred properly and not going into the hub. I want to replace my axles when I refresh my rear subframe but don't wanna drop mega $$ on new OEM. :thumbsup:

Comment

^ I just had a pair of reman'd axles installed yesterday as well, same brand/grade as Ryan's.
      I didn't install these myself, however heard from the mechanic that it was fairly straightforward and OEM fit.

SP

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Why were the Dementors so attracted to Harry in the Prison of Azkaban?

Which forest did Harry see the waffleswaffleswaffles in?

Comment

i know a secret

hehe

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
            Why were the Dementors so attracted to Harry in the Prison of Azkaban?

Which forest did Harry see the waffleswaffleswaffles in?
            Two part question.

1. It took me until the Deathly Hallows to finally understand. Dementors, commissioned by the ministry of magic to guard Azkabhan prison, are attracted to souls. Or rather, they consume souls as a life source. Until late, J.K. Finally revealed that harry himself was a Hocrux that Voldemort never intended to create. Part of Voldemort's soul latched on to any living thing it could find during the night of Harry's parents' deaths. In this case, Harry himself became the host, effectively multiplying his soul by one and one fifth or so. Basically, Harry's soul was overweight and dementors couldn't keep their hands off him.

2. Are you talking about the first time Harrt saw Voldemort in his physical form or during the Deathly Hallows pt. 2 where he is "killed" by Voldemort?
            world renown Harry Potter expert
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
              i know a secret

hehe
              You don't know a damn thing!
              sigpic

Comment

Not much to report here. Been driving the car daily for the last few weeks, and she runs flawlessly.

I redid the wheels, cleaned up more parts on the interior, and just generally maintaining the car.

I plan on tearing into the sunroof and replacing a few things, then getting a fresh valence on the car in the next week, as well as paint correction - not sure If I'm going after full repaint anymore.

I sort of sold this car already to fund another purchase, but I won't give it up for another month or so. I can't hold on to these things and it bothers me. If I planned on selling, I wouldn't have put so much time and money into her!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                  I sort of sold this car already to fund another purchase, but I won't give it up for another month or so.
                  So should we should just go ahead and plan on you getting another black 318is sometime in the fall?
                  My Garage
                  2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                  1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                  1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                  Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

^^ :)
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                    IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

TBH, not that mad that you sold it. Now, I'm just gonna kidnap you and keep you hostage at my house until my E30 looks and drives as if it were June 1990.

I'll make you a bed in my garage. I'll bring you a snack twice a day, once before I got to work, and once after. While in my garage, you will have lots of downtime. In that downtime, you will learn how to speak Arabic, German, Farsi, and French fluently. Upon your release from captivity, you will make your way to the CIA headquarters in Virginia. They will receive you well at the CIA, and will be recruited by one of their programs. A few years will pass, and you graduate at the top of your class. You will then be forced to forget everything you knew about old BMWs, surfing, and fanboi-ing about Porsches. You are now someone new.

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Did you buy a 911???

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                          So should we should just go ahead and plan on you getting another black 318is sometime in the fall?
                          TBH, it will probably happen around spring or summer.

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                          TBH, not that mad that you sold it. Now, I'm just gonna kidnap you and keep you hostage at my house until my E30 looks and drives as if it were June 1990.

I'll make you a bed in my garage. I'll bring you a snack twice a day, once before I got to work, and once after. While in my garage, you will have lots of downtime. In that downtime, you will learn how to speak Arabic, German, Farsi, and French fluently. Upon your release from captivity, you will make your way to the CIA headquarters in Virginia. They will receive you well at the CIA, and will be recruited by one of their programs. A few years will pass, and you graduate at the top of your class. You will then be forced to forget everything you knew about old BMWs, surfing, and fanboi-ing about Porsches. You are now someone new.

You can try, but as a gun owner itching to exercise my rights on some unsuspecting immigrants, be careful Sina.

Originally posted by johnnysrx View Post
                          Did you buy a 911???
                          Huh? Shoot I wish. The ones I want are expensive.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                            Did SMOG this am.

First time failed (a few days ago). I reverted back to stock chip and used Seafoam and passed no problem.

Results:
                            so glad they don't actually check emissions here in Illinois. Just verify no CEL codes :)

Comment

Originally posted by tachi1247 View Post
                              so glad they don't actually check emissions here in Illinois. Just verify no CEL codes :)
                              meanwhile, we're dying here in California due to emissions
                              sigpic

Comment

Bittersweet moment yesterday. The car loaded up on the transporter - On its way to the new owner in Houston, Tx!

I may be e30-less, but I've since acquired another 2002 tii. Not all is bad.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X