The street shark e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a couple things done last night.
    Put the market lights in. Also hooked fog lights up to the marker lights cause they didn't work on the switch

Got my intake boot on and everything reinstalled. Cleaned the throttle body while I was at it. Still has a high idle but it's idle cleared up a whole bunch. Need to clean the maf now cause it's really dirty.

I ordered a set of 20mm hub centric spacers just for an e30 with extended studs, so I won't have to run these crappy cheap spacers. Those will come in next week. Also on the agenda is to hook a toggle switch for the wipers, so I can get them working again. I just need them to work in general.
    Also installed tweeter plates with tweeters. But neither make a sound. Could this be due to PO not hooking them up with aftermarket radio? Or is there somewhere I need to plug them into, since it had just plate fillers to begin with.
    88 d21 draggin pavement
    89 dirty30 kissin earth

Im just here to learn new things and meet new people.

Comment

if your wipers ain't working then most likely your relay went bad. it in the fuse box in the front if you haven't checked it yet.
      sigpic
      323i MTEC1
      Z3 coupe
      E60 M5

Comment

Where at?? I'm at work and can prolly get a relay.
        The sprayers don't work either.
        88 d21 draggin pavement
        89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Are you talking about the control module in the fuse box under the hood near the booster. Cause I tried to pull it and it didn't wanna come out.
          88 d21 draggin pavement
          89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Where did you get those black reflectors?

Comment

eBay. I bought front turn lights too, but they are 2 plug and mine is 3 plug. So I kept stock housing and just changed the lenses. Need to change the bulbs to orange so it will all match.
              88 d21 draggin pavement
              89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Here's a picture of the front. I love this car, driving for the first time on a decent drive made me love it. Just need to fix the wipers. If anyone has insight please help.
                88 d21 draggin pavement
                89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Have a couple of questions. If anyone can help me.

So my wipers don't work.. PO supposedly took the motor out and cleaned it and reinstalled and they didn't work still. I checked the solder points on the motor and had no voltage what so ever on any of the wires. So I guess what I'm asking is, does the control unit go bad often? Or would it be the switch on the column. The washer sprayer doesn't work either.

Second, installed a set of suppose to be percent tweeter panels in the doors. Hooked them up and they don't work. Car came with the blanks in that spot. Is there another spot I need to plug up for them to work? Someone put a crappy pioneer radio in, maybe there is a set of wires they didn't hook up...
                  88 d21 draggin pavement
                  89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

The car looks great! The rims are spot on! I just bought a 89 325is, it has Spec30 racing suspension and new leather interior, but the paint is total crap, the sun has just destroyed it. I know the history of the car and all of the suspension and brake work is top notch, but I paid $2500, so you have a great project car at a steal of a price. Kudos to you and your new project.

Comment

On premium sound cars, the tweeters are wired to the front speakers with a high pass filter

The wiper relay is known to go bad. It's the big long relay in the fuse box. You can look up how to test and fix it. It's easier to do that than replace the switch so I'd start there

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Well the tweeters had the wires there already. So I hooked me up and nothing. The front speakers aren't very loud. So when I install new head unit I'll run new wire.
                        And I ordered some wipers stuff from a member on here and his wipers worked before he parted the car. So I'll change the relay first.. Also sun visor clips and a driver buckle for seat belt
                        But fml, I took my car through our car wash at work and before I could shut the car off to save the antenna. It ripped it off, so I bought a delete plug from eBay just for e30 cars. It's a good thing I use my phone for music.
                        Also ordered a sunroof crank for $16. I look ghetto using vice grips opening my sunroof.

On the agenda for this car which I never stated before.
                        Lowering springs
                        Chassis braces front and rear to stiffen it up. I live on country back roads that are tight
                        Replace the leaking steering rack
                        Fix some interior things
                        Start replacing bushings with poly bushings
                        Do front and rear brakes with some nice ceramics and slotted rotors and replace lines with stainless
                        Eventually fix the body and paint it and new wheels.

I'm in a budget with getting married and buying a house. So progress will be slow. Right now I'm trying to make it daily driver status.
                        88 d21 draggin pavement
                        89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Well yesterday after Nissan tech school. I put my car on the lift at work. They are like 5 minutes from each other, got lucky on that one. I was just gonna clean all the power steering fluid off the bottom of the car. And found somethings that need to be addressed very quickly.

One motor mount is torn, the trans mounts are completely smashed and blown out and guibo is coming apart.
                          The front lca have been replaced already so I dodged that bullet, but the rear diff is showing some age.. Found a BMW performance place called ecstuning.com.. Ordered motor mounts, trans mounts, guibo all in rubber. I just need to get the car reliable right now.. And I ordered poly for the diff. Hopefully the stuff gets here soon.
                          I'll upload pics when in on wifi again.
                          88 d21 draggin pavement
                          89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Here some carnage pics on the things that are being addressed as soon as I get parts.

Also my driver front fender lip was bent outwards, and I thought maybe I should use a heat gun and decided against it. Well I tried to bend the lip back and it cracked some thick bondo someone had already try to fix the fender before. I looked closer at the paint and there is in sanded bondo and scratch marks under the paint... For now I'm gonna do a slap sticker to cover it up for now and maybe fix it later. I'm slowly finding surface rust spots all over the car. Which is scary.. I might just do a rat rod look of faded paint and slam the piss out of it. Who knows. And why I was angry at that, I decided to see why my gas pedal felt stiff. Found 16 cents and a huge pile of small rocks smashed under it. Vacuumed and now it's smooth as butter.

Here's a badass e30 I saw like 10 spots down from me. Makes my car look like crap compared to this. Leather interior and manual on Mini Cooper wheels plus it's slammed.
                            Last edited by Bggdnssnguy; 06-01-2016, 06:44 PM.
                            88 d21 draggin pavement
                            89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Can someone change the the title of this thread. I found a name for it.
                              The Gramps build. Since I'm told it looks like an older guy car. Any who, got the exhaust fixed and man is the car super quiet now on a stick muffler. But I like it.
                              Got lots of parts in today and yesterday. And I'll be taking pics of everything. So stay tuned for tonight!
                              88 d21 draggin pavement
                              89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

So I'm lost cause I don't have a wiring diagram for the wipers.
                                But got a known good control unit and wiper stalk. Hooked stalk up and still didn't turn relay on. And I tried every option. Is there another fuse hidden somewhere or another relay? Cause the relay isn't clicking on with either stalk or control unit. So it has no power, if anyone has had same trouble can you please help or show me a diagram or pdf to download.

Now I got my anger out. Here's some small updates before I go back outside and tackle a couple more things.
                                Exhaust is done

New sunroof crank instead of vice grips.

Painted my light grills. Top is painted, they look new now!
                                88 d21 draggin pavement
                                89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Working...
                                X