No announcement yet.

The street shark e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like this forum and have learned a shit ton. But I don't see why it's such a big deal.
    88 d21 draggin pavement
    89 dirty30 kissin earth

Im just here to learn new things and meet new people.

Comment

Originally posted by Bggdnssnguy View Post
      I like this forum and have learned a shit ton. But I don't see why it's such a big deal.

Trust me don't do it.. The last person that did that is no longer on the forum haha.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Last edited by Bggdnssnguy; 06-17-2016, 08:42 AM.
        88 d21 draggin pavement
        89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Actually I'm not gonna leave. Let the hate begin! I'll post the pics of it when I'm done, I'll have to be banned or erased from here to stop me.
          88 d21 draggin pavement
          89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

I don't see the point in rusting it if its only going to be temporary. Plasti dip, wraps, even a cheap rattle can job would be better suited. I understand its your car, your money, ect... but when I first got my car I wanted to do a chalkboard paint job and 3 years later I think they're pretty stupid and glad I didn't.
            My Garage
            2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
            1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
            1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
            Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Well if most of it is down to bare metal and has a hair of surface rust. Once the clear is shot on, it shuts off the oxygen and water to it so the process stops.
              Have you sanded rattle can? It's not easy
              Plasti dip is for Honda ricers
              And wrapping would be expensive as shit and I don't want to do it.

Clear coat is easy to sand. By temporary I mean like a year and a half once I get married and settled into my new house. Then it will be painted. I have been in the car/truck scene since I was 12. So I'm not new to customizing. Plus I built my truck besides the shitty paint on it. But it's getting sanded down to bare metal cause some idiot sprayed rattle can tractor enamel on it.
              But if you don't like what I wanna do, then please chip in, I'll take donations for all the supplies to fix it.
              88 d21 draggin pavement
              89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

I think your paint looks good right now.(compared to mine) a good detail and you're set, but to each their own. It's your car, your money, your choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I say go for it! But send me your plastic bumpers first because they will color match my car ;)

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Well the rear one is cracked unfortunately.. Doesn't look like it was hit, just cracked.

What grade of gas should I run in this car?
                    Manual says 87 aki or 91 ron and I have no idea what that stands for. This is my 2nd or 3rd tank of 87 and now it sounds like I have spark knock under load. Not in park but in reverse or drive. Either way I'll prolly be switching back to premium..
                    88 d21 draggin pavement
                    89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Originally posted by Bggdnssnguy View Post
                      Plasti dip is for Honda ricers
                      By that logic you could say rusting is for VW boyz. I was just confused of why rusting it when the paint honestly looks better than half the cars on here.

To answer you fuel question RON stands for Research Octane Number, which most of the world uses. The US, Canada, and Brazil use Anti-knock index, or AKI. I've ran 87 octane plenty of times with out a problem, but I usually put in 89.
                      My Garage
                      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

It's not just the paint. It's the body too and sanding it will make them less noticeable to the eye.

Hmm just started doing it today with the spark knock.. Hmm, I have 15w-40 rotella.. Is that to thick of oil?
                        88 d21 draggin pavement
                        89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

If you decide you want a rust finish please at least use rust finish paint.. At least that way you aren't killing the body of the car.

Boris - 89 E30 325i
                          84- E30 323i

Comment

Nope. Plus the whole car won't be rust. It will be pantina. So there will be paint still in the car, bare metal spots and light surface rust. And once I like where it's at. It will get shot with clear to stop the rust process.
                            It's not gonna kill the body. Geez, all the hate in here is funny.
                            88 d21 draggin pavement
                            89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

so by your argument you can paint over rust and it will stop rusting

fuck I wish I knew that before I spent a year removing all the rust from my car before I painted it.

whats Pantina? is it like painting over rust. it wont happen over night but it will happen?

Enjoy your stay.
                              Boris - 89 E30 325i
                              84- E30 323i

Comment

do it...
                                sigpic
                                323i MTEC1
                                Z3 coupe
                                E60 M5

Comment

Working...
                                X