No announcement yet.

The street shark e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed LEDs in my dome and tag lights. But won't work, has anyone else tried an led swap? I'm gonna go to advance and get some regular bulbs and see if that will work..
    88 d21 draggin pavement
    89 dirty30 kissin earth

Im just here to learn new things and meet new people.

Comment

Still haven't figured out why the LEDs don't work. The done light will flash when I start car but turn off when car is running? Weird shit.
      Got 4 of 6 lowering springs, bought from a member on here and killer fast shipping. Only using rears and have 2 fronts that will lower more than the eibachs. Will get other fronts Monday and install Tuesday after work with a fresh alignment.

Got my yellow headlight wrap in. And did my fogs, high beams and reverse lights.

Here's my dash cover that still has wrinkles in it.

Washed my car after work yesterday and had to take a pic next to a m6 at the Maserati dealer next door.
      88 d21 draggin pavement
      89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Got my fronts. The red ones are what's going on tomorrow.
        There's a little size difference.

Excited to finally get it closer to the ground.
        88 d21 draggin pavement
        89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

And she's slammed as hell!! On 195/50/15 15x8's

If anyone reading this has or knows where I could get a decent skid plate. Let me know please, I drug the rack on interstate already. Not hurt tho!
          Anyone raised these engines a little bit?
          88 d21 draggin pavement
          89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

So getting a skid plate from a member for a great price. Will be here Monday.

Tonight I was coming home and a here some high pitch dragging. The only exhaust donut on muffler broke, which then cause the other hanger to slide off. Drug it about 3 miles to my house and up my steep rock driveway at about 15 mph.. But it's rigged and better then ever.
            88 d21 draggin pavement
            89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Haven't updated in a minute. The exhaust bracket that wraps around the muffler broke( the tack weld from BMW) so I reweldednitbto my liking. And now it's held tight but now the heat shield rattles. Fml. And yes I painted the welds when it cooled.

Added my skid plate, it drags more now on certain bumps. But it's serving its purpose and sparks in the dark.

Same day, went to an e30 meet. Had a blast meeting new people!

And a random pic while getting my hair cut.
              88 d21 draggin pavement
              89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Well looks like the daily is getting more attention then my truck..
                I knew both my outer cv boots were torn. But today I can hear a creak in the rear. Sounds like the driver rear wheel is where it's coming from..
                What's y'all opinion on this. Should I replace the torn boots and the bearings? Just to get rid of knowing I will eventually.
                And my check light for oil came on. It was on the check panel. So I'll be replacing the oil cooler o ring and valve cover. That's where it's leaking..

My auto trans hose is leaking also on my car. It's the one that goes on top of the radiator. Is that in or out line?

Thanks if anyone replies.
                88 d21 draggin pavement
                89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

So ordered 2 new rear axles, rear sway bar bushings and sway bar end links.
                  While I'm doing all that I'll do another diff fluid change and put the poly diff bushing in.

That reminds me, I forgot to order a diff gasket. Guess I'll be using nissan rtv to seal it. That's what we use on our diffs.

Here's a photo I took this morning while out for a drive.
                  88 d21 draggin pavement
                  89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

So worked on the car.
                    New axles in, poly bushing in the diff cover and resealed the the cover and put fluid back in, new sway bar links and turned rear rotors and scuffed the pads. Stops a whole lot better..

Now at low turning speed I have a weird noise. Could the poly bushing cause this noise? It is defiantly stiffer out back when letting off the gas at a low speed, you can feel the it kinda clunk or disengage I should say.. Hmm idk. But car drives fine.
                    88 d21 draggin pavement
                    89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

welcome to the club! good luck with the idle issues and what not

Comment

Haha thanks. The idle is down to 1000 at idle now..

So I talked to a buddy about my car. He said I prolly put to thick of diff oil in it. So I'll have to buy some more tomorrow. Causing the clutches to make noise when turning and disengaging.

Here's some pics from last night.
                        Old mount-

New poly bushing in-

Old sway bar link-

New link-

New axles-

I know most people don't respond to my questions. But I'm not trying to ruin this car. I'm trying to make it better. So if I made enemies, I'm sorry.
                        88 d21 draggin pavement
                        89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Thanks jebus! My diff isn't ruined. The fluid I had in there was 1( to thick ) and 2( had no friction modifier, causing the clutches to stick ). Put some 75w-90 synthetic ls fluid from Mobil-1 in there and it drives so much better. I can here everything that's happening in that diff with the poly bushing. But oh well.
                          On another note I ordered some 5d black carbon wrap for sunroof and door pockets.
                          This car is a Guinea pig for my truck build. Can't wait till it arrives.
                          88 d21 draggin pavement
                          89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Originally posted by Bggdnssnguy View Post
                            New axles-
                            Make sure the outer boots of the axles aren't rubbing the bottom of the shock (or are close enough to under load). When I did the axles on Lola the two outer boots were shaped differently. One of them rubbed itself open against the shock and I had to get it replaced under warranty.
                            Originally posted by kronus
                            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Okay here's a small update as I still gather parts.
                              Oil cooler house o ring since it seeps, oil filter from Bosch and some rotella, e36 rack that's needs a wash and e30 linkage with the spacers for the e36 rack, and just bought a new steering wheel from stitches. Hopefully soon I can fix the problems on the car slowly.

Next 3 major things that need addressed.
                              Get a euro cluster cause they are bad ass and my oe cluster needs a rebuild from what me and bav resto have emailed
                              The trans line that leaks like hell
                              The thermo housing that seeps, hopefully the o ting got messed up and not the actual housing..

Thanks for reading!
                              88 d21 draggin pavement
                              89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

you have made some great progress. The e30 is a great car and a great platform to further your hobby in mechanics.

I am with the majority on this one though in regards to the patina look. I don't quite understand the logic behind spending money to fuck something up. You could use that as a learning experience to possible paint it yourself, maybe learn something about body work, or put aside the money you'd spend for a clear coat and save up enough for a good paint job. Seriously, the patina look might sound like an easy solution now because you don't want to fix the body, but you'll never be mad at yourself for doing something the right way, the first time.

Keep pluggin away, the car really is making some progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X