No announcement yet.

The street shark e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's simple tint. I'm sorry it's not to your taste. you put your .02 on here so I gave you my feedback to your opinion.
    88 d21 draggin pavement
    89 dirty30 kissin earth

Im just here to learn new things and meet new people.

Comment

Originally posted by quikveedb2 View Post
      I've been away from this forum for long enough I was kind of hoping this kind of adolescent, indignant, bullheadedness would have moved on to another more affordable and less desirable vehicle. You do realize laws are in place to protect everyone on the road, and not just you? Good luck wth your build.
      Smoked headlights are illegal too and a considerable amount of people use those. Maybe you run those too? Just because something is illegal doesn't mean its wrong. Don't be petty.
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

So got a couple things done and found some problems that I also fixed.

1 thing wrong was there was no gasket between the throttle body and the intake. This was my major oil leak. Not the return tube. But everything got new bolts and nuts and rearranged as close to spec as possible.
        Now for pics!
        No gasket what so ever and oil leaking out of it.

Here's the rigged up trans line someone thought wouldn't leak. Rubber hose inside a rubber hose.

New fuel filter and clamps.

Valve cover painted with vht paint and sanded fins and lettering.

Everything installed and cleaned. I will be prepping more plastic to paint same as the valve cover.

Here's a shot before the e30 meet last night and while at the meet.

88 d21 draggin pavement
        89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Another small update.
          New emblems my dad gave me, kept the other ones. Gonna make one into a bad ass necklace!

Some rust I found. Sanded and primed then sprayed with black and wetsanded. Not 100% quality but it will stop it from getting worse during winter. Have 2 more spots I need to tend too.

Then garagistic had a sale on upper rear shock mounts to make them stiffer. So I bought those, cause the stiff billies make me nervous about ripping the towers.
          88 d21 draggin pavement
          89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Done a couple more things. But to lazy to post pictures. Installed stainless brake lines and bled system again, she stops sooo much better. Didn't get the 2 above subframe, was tired from work and looked aggravating.
            Also noticed a super bouncy and thud on certain bumps. When car was lifted for brake lines. I checked the rear shock mounts. One was tore half way and other was completely tore and cause the car to sit higher in one side. So installed a set of hd rubber mounts and my Black Friday garagistic rear shock plates powder coated red. It's a shit ton stiffer again and no more lean or thud noise.
            Now to the bad part, car is out of commission till new Bosch part gets here. Noticing the past week really crappy start ups, running like shit for about 30 seconds to a minute and then surging with a high idle like it always has. Well this morning it did the crappy then surge. Well I go to put in gear and the surge gets worse and never goes away. I drive to work and what not. Start it up and runs fine with usual surge. And when in gear it gets extremely bad and give it gas and it wants to die and lurch forward or backwards. In 53 miles I have used a quarter of a tank, it never hits 3/4 till about a 100. So it's super rich. So I ordered a new Bosch fuel pressure regulator. To me, a master tech at work and my dad who was a mechanic think it sounds like a regulator. So I'm hoping is 3 are correct.
            Till then I'll be driving the lifted jeep.
            88 d21 draggin pavement
            89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Got my FPR installed and still having weird idle issues when in drive or reverse at times. I don't believe the icv is bad tho, I have tried to clean it multiple times and it won't spin freely. Found a brand new Bosch one on eBay for hella cheap and also found a Bosch o2 sensor. Since mine has probably never been changed are a maintenance item at 100k and mines at 180k. So will being buying those for around $130 all together and see how it idles after installation. I will smoke the car later this week also just for the hell of it.
              88 d21 draggin pavement
              89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Could also be your AFM... that fixed my idle issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah I read that also. Really wanting to spend the money on a maf conversion just to get rid of the barn door type maf.

Did so much research on idle issues I killed my phone yesterday. Checked the icv for the correct ohms. And it checks out in spec, but seemed it was trying harder then it should. Like vibration wise when key on. Took off and cleaned then sprayed a little silicone lube in there and reinstalled. Much quieter and not as harsh of a vibration. Guess we will see when I drive it home.

Did order Bosch o2 sensor since it's suppose to be changed every 60k. Didn't win the icv on eBay but that's okay cause mine checks good.
                  Last edited by Bggdnssnguy; 12-06-2016, 06:47 AM.
                  88 d21 draggin pavement
                  89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Def change the o2 sensor as well as the coolant sensor, I had an idle issue due to a faulty coolant sensor (not sendor)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The blue top one right? Read a ton about that one going bad.
                      88 d21 draggin pavement
                      89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

If you haven't replaced your TPS I would recommend changing it to a new one. Makes a huge difference in drivability, idle and everything else when it goes bad.

Comment

The only problem I really have is idle. Rpms seem to drop when I burp the throttle real quick. But I never need to do that considering I don't race it around.

Second I need a Bentley manual. So I can have all the specs. I hate my Haynes manual.
                          88 d21 draggin pavement
                          89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Do a continuity test on the TPS before you spend $$$$
                            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I planned on it eventually.
                              88 d21 draggin pavement
                              89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Okay so here is where I'm at with this turd. Still getting 21 mpg but it's also having to warm up longer.
                                But after taking the icv hose off to clean icv, it now has a higher idle. I didn't put the clamps back on due to waiting for new icv hose to arrive. So that's more than likely the reason.

But on cold start it's still sputtering real bad. Already replaced the o2 sensor and seems to have better pick up and idle condition. So next step is to drain coolant again and replace the brown top and blue top coolant sensors. Might as well replace both for $30 and have a chance due to coolant drained. Other then that car is running good.

Bumper is falling apart and duct tape was handy. So a small square is holding driver corner together. Looks shitty, but I have silver bandaid stickers to replace the duct tape when it warms up a hair.
                                88 d21 draggin pavement
                                89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Working...
                                X