No announcement yet.

The street shark e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's some pictures. It's functional now, I guess that's a plus. No more bottoming out and cracking front struts.

And how I felt last night when I missed the gym.. bahhaha
    88 d21 draggin pavement
    89 dirty30 kissin earth

Im just here to learn new things and meet new people.

Comment

Soooo. Things on a waitlist to buy for the car.
      Ecstuning.com- trans line, thermostat/gasket, thermostat housing gasket, oil filter, valve cover gasket, intake gasket set, throttle body gasket, fuel filter
      Pelicanparts.com- oil return tube o-ring
      EBay.com- silicone coolant hoses.

While I'm in there. All engine bay a/c components will be removed(condenser, pump, lines, etc) put connectors back how they are suppose to be, in right spots and holders. Tighten all nuts as should be done, but wasn't.

My car every once in a blue moon will take about 4 seconds of turning over before it starts. Fuel pump was replaced by previous owner, but prolly with a crappy one. The car runs fine other then that. Pulls like a beast. So I don't think it would be anything else. But when things like this happen, it makes me so damn nervous and worrisome..

Has anyone used liqui-moly oil additives before? Thinking about running some this oil change. And where can I find the small bullet things for the valve cover? Would like to replace those while the cover is off.

That's all for now, gotta get truck up and going again before I tear the car apart.
      88 d21 draggin pavement
      89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Here's a couple photos. This Saturday I will be tearing it down and by Monday have it running again. Hopefully. What color should I paint the valve cover, since I'm running bright blue coolant hoses? Don't want them to clash.

Pics.
        Tinted drug dealer status

Replaced the crappy blown Polk audio speakers

And all the parts minus oil.
        88 d21 draggin pavement
        89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Is the front tinted?

Comment

Yes it is. And I love it.
            88 d21 draggin pavement
            89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Can't say I love tinted windshield. Isn't that illegal?

did you also nightshade your foglights hella dark?

Which engine is in your car?

You're also gonna keep blowin shocks if you just do lowering springs. You need a shock that is shortened so your not constantly riding under pressure.

Either way, great progress. the steering wheel is nice.

Comment

Doing a good job, keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                  Can't say I love tinted windshield. Isn't that illegal?

did you also nightshade your foglights hella dark?

Which engine is in your car?

You're also gonna keep blowin shocks if you just do lowering springs. You need a shock that is shortened so your not constantly riding under pressure.

Either way, great progress. the steering wheel is nice.
                  The windshield is illegal. But so is speeding, but people do it anyways.

No they are wrapped in carbon fiber wrap. They stopped working and I didn't feel like fixing them so I wrapped em. Would like to find the inserts that remove the fog light all together.

Has the stock m20b25 in it.

And I have bilstiens all around. The ones that are meant for lowering, can't exactly remember.
                  88 d21 draggin pavement
                  89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

I like your attitude, dude. Also, the car looks great. Much better than when you found it.

Props for sticking around even with as little feedback and the flack that you have gotten.

Though, I'm thankful you didn't rusty it. Have you seen the rust wrap i8?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Derek-

Comment

Originally posted by dereliiict View Post
                      I like your attitude, dude. Also, the car looks great. Much better than when you found it.

Props for sticking around even with as little feedback and the flack that you have gotten.

Though, I'm thankful you didn't rusty it. Have you seen the rust wrap i8?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Thanks man. I figured eventually someone will stumble upon this thread and leave some kind of reply. And yes I have seen it, was wrapped for some kid singer. That wrap would be perfect cause of the debts I have sonit would look more real.
                      88 d21 draggin pavement
                      89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

I appreciate the work you've done, even if I don't necessarily like some of your choices.

That said, a tinted windshield is just plain stupid, imo. Yes, people break the speed limit, but a LEO can't simply look at a parked car or even one driving down the road and say with absolute certainty that the driver is breaking the law by speeding. What you have created for your self is an open invitation to get ticketed or pulled over at any time, for no there reason than that your are plainly breaking the law. If the lay person recognizes that it's illegal, why wouldn't law enforcement notice?
                        Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                        You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Beamer?

The silicon hose kit is M20 specific?
                          ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Don't mind some of the members on here, some can be very opinionated. When I first got on r3v, I received a fair share of ass raping to some of my ideas/questions/mods. If you're still in the scene in a bit, you'll probably look back at this and laugh your ass of and maybe cringe a little bit.

Anyways, 99% of the questions you're probably going to face have been answered here at some point, searching the forum will save you a lot of time. That being said, since your a tech and have access to this forum, you should have all the information and tools you'll need to get the car where you want it to be.

Hopefully, r3v won't drive you out of here, this is a great community, for the most part. You have a good attitude, so I don't think that will happen.

Also, I strongly recommend a 5spd swap and bolstered seats. Its no fun driving a car that can be thrown around a corner at the same time it's trying to throw you off your seat.
                            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I look at the whole tinted windshield like this. It's my car and I do what I want with it. It takes the glare from the sun, opposing drivers headlights at night when raining and not raining. No more squinting and hoping for the best. If you don't like it, that's okay. Cause I had a cop thumbs me up the other day. So if I ever do get pulled over I'll pay my dues without bitching cause I know the outcome of what I have done. If you think I can't see at night, then I guess you have never drove with a car with a tinted windshield. It's only 40% and I never turn my high beams on. The bulbs are still new and only used to bright others when the bright me.

The only way for me to leave is to be banned, everyone is open to their opinions and can scald people if that makes their dick hard in the end. I give no fucks either way.

The silicone hose kit is m20 specific. Made by g-plus. I have tons of pics I will post when car is done.

Also I think I know why my idle was so high and will tell that when I post pics later.
                              88 d21 draggin pavement
                              89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

I've been away from this forum for long enough I was kind of hoping this kind of adolescent, indignant, bullheadedness would have moved on to another more affordable and less desirable vehicle. You do realize laws are in place to protect everyone on the road, and not just you? Good luck wth your build.
                                Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                                You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Working...
                                X