E30s GO FOR SOME CHICKEN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30s GO FOR SOME CHICKEN!

Well, it's been a while, no real changes to my car, but Eric's boasting some new shoes - FINALLY!!! So we decided to go snap a few pics. These pics were taken at Sanderson Farms, Inc. new headquarters right here in Laurel. It's a gorgeous building, like a huge lodge. Awesome. Anyway, I didn't feel like sorting through deciding which pics to post, so I posted almost all of them. Hope you enjoy:

Did we really land there?

Last edited by RCWells; 08-06-2006, 08:35 PM.

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Gutsy.... I dont know if we just have higher curbs or what, But I wont back that far up. I'm afraid I'll scrape the rear bumper!

Excellent pictures.
    Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL
      Gutsy.... I dont know if we just have higher curbs or what, But I wont back that far up. I'm afraid I'll scrape the rear bumper!

Excellent pictures.
      Oh, we were watchin', very carefully. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by RCWells
        Did we really land there?
        No. Everyone thinks I'm crazy.

Great shots, Bobby!

Comment

Awesome shots. All 3 cars are fantastic.

What kind of rims did Eric get? The offset/tire combo doesn't fill the wheel arches very well, but I dig the style of the rims.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
            Awesome shots. All 3 cars are fantastic.

What kind of rims did Eric get? The offset/tire combo doesn't fill the wheel arches very well, but I dig the style of the rims.
            He'll have to tell you the offset, but the tires aren't quite wide enough for sure. They are ASA AR-2s and the Tirerack would only sell 215/40s with that wheel for w/ever reason. I thought they should have been wider.

Comment

215's aren't too narrow. 10-15mm spacers and another 1" of drop would flush them out well :)

I kind of thought they were ASA's, but actually a much nicer styling than the ASA AR1s.

RISING EDGE

Comment

215's are too narrow. 10-15mm spacers and another 1" of drop would flush them out well :)

I kind of thought they were ASA's, but actually a much nicer styling than the ASA AR1s.
                I really like the AR1's. I almost bought them instead of the Type E's, but I just couldn't get past the fake multi-peice bolts. I know it's not that big of a deal, but they would just always bother me.

Comment

I like the black innards/black inside spokes on those AR2s.

RISING EDGE

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed
                    I really like the AR1's. I almost bought them instead of the Type E's, but I just couldn't get past the fake multi-peice bolts. I know it's not that big of a deal, but they would just always bother me.
                    I liked the AR-1 better and they were what I recommended. However after seeing these in person, they really do look good and the black innards as TJ calls it, almost perfectly matches Eric's paint.

I am with you on the fake bolt thing, but honestly, you never even notice they're there from a standing distance, they just don't show up in the big picture.

Comment

I like the black innards/black inside spokes on those AR2s.
                      Yeah, that's what I like about them, too.

Comment

now RC-if you always take pics w/ e30 m3's, it doesn't make your car one. ;)

haha, jk every car in the shots is brilliant! your car is super, super clean. and i love how badass it looks w/ the badge. keep it up.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments! As Bobby as mentioned, the wheels are ASA-AR2's 17x8 with the correct ET20 offset for the M3. However, I agree the tires don't properly fill out the 8" wide wheel-however, that is what you get with the Tire Rack for an M3 when you order a wheel/tire package from them. A 235/40 would be fine on the rear, but with possible rubbing at full lock on the front, so there you go-Tire Rack takes the safe way out. Although I don't really agree with staggered tire combos on E30 M3's, if Tire Rack offered the AR2's in the optional 17x9" rear size, I would have probably done it as it would have greatly helped the overall look.

A good many people have the AR1, but the AR2 is a relatively new finish option. I thought a while about which one to pick, but in the end I thought the AR2 had a more refined look. It has taken some time for me to warm up to them fully, but I am happy. Hell, anything looks better than stock 15" weaves!

Oh, and as far as the drop of the car-it has H&R race springs with Bilstein sports all around. It does have the thicker BMW spring rubbers in the front which if removed would bring the front down a smidgen, but I am pleased the way it is. And actually, in person you don't notice the gap.
                          Last edited by Eric Giles; 08-06-2006, 09:02 PM.
                          Eric Giles
                          '20 M2 CS
                          '04 M3
                          '11 X5 35D
                          '87 325is
                          '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

Not diggin' the new shoes.

Cars all still look good regardless.
                            Trevor Ely
                            '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
                            '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

love all 3. but you all know i run you mississippi boys.

Comment

Working...
                              X