Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

little introduction - new e30 owner

Hey maxbimmer,
    hope all is well! Eric here and i've been recently creeping around forums like here and maxbimmer etc and it seems like I couldn't resist any longer and bought my first car and first bimmer. Ill be honest here, I don't know a thing working on german cars let alone e30s. My family has always owned so kind of japanese brand car or other import and I'm probably most comfortable working with classic domestics so this is definitely going against the grain... I just turned 21 this past 20th and myself along with some of my closest buddys pulled the trigger on a joint buy for a 1991 BMW 318i sedan at 2500$. As it stands, we basically don't know what to do with it. Something along the lines of a restomod-track-beater-daily car Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you in future and thanks!

some pictures:

My advice is to buy out your friends as soon as possible. Even me and my dad couldn't even co-own a car together. We bought a 1987 325is together and he ended up buying me out of it so I could buy my own. Just never try to tie up money with friends or family.

But all in all cool car. If I had a 4 banger, and had maintenance up to date, I'd slap Jakes turbo kit on the car, GC Coilovers, 5 lug with 330i brakes, vert front and ix rear sway bars, e36 M3 steering rack, and 80a poly bushings. Maybe that can get you started in a direction for the car. Just research and look at plenty of build threads. Build threads will give you the most knowledge and inspiration.
    My Garage
    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
      My advice is to buy out your friends as soon as possible. Even me and my dad couldn't even co-own a car together. We bought a 1987 325is together and he ended up buying me out of it so I could buy my own. Just never try to tie up money with friends or family.

But all in all cool car. If I had a 4 banger, and had maintenance up to date, I'd slap Jakes turbo kit on the car, GC Coilovers, 5 lug with 330i brakes, vert front and ix rear sway bars, e36 M3 steering rack, and 80a poly bushings. Maybe that can get you started in a direction for the car. Just research and look at plenty of build threads. Build threads will give you the most knowledge and inspiration.
      Ya definitely but we've bought stuff together in the past just not as big so i trust them as for the mods we want to try and keep it to essentials, nothing too crazy thanks tho!

Comment

Working...
      X