1991 318is Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WestCoastEta View Post
    Nice looking late model. Cool to see such a thorough restoration with attention to detail!
    Thanks; Really enjoying tracking the progress.

Comment

Wow nice car, same color with my e30, couple question to ask you
      1: the analog clock, is that have to need adapter to swap with the digital one?
      2: where did you purchase those rims and how much are they?
      3: hows the H&R and bilstein combo feels

Thanks

Comment

Really cool thread, and super cool that your son is helping out.
        My Garage
        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Subscribed!

I love seeing that you and your son are taking on this project as a team. I would have loved to have similar father-son bonding with my pops' when I was younger! You two are definitely inspiring me with future goals!

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Originally posted by Alex19950807 View Post
            Wow nice car, same color with my e30, couple question to ask you
            1: the analog clock, is that have to need adapter to swap with the digital one?
            2: where did you purchase those rims and how much are they?
            3: hows the H&R and bilstein combo feels
            1. No, it can be wired as long as you have the analogue clock connector. However, I would suggest grabbing an adaptor as there isn't a ton of wire room/length.
            2. I purchased the RZ wheels locally. I believe that ECS still sells euro weaves new, which is the same offset & size.
            3. In town driving, the race set-up doesn't feel a whole lot different than the previous H&R sport set up.

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
              Really cool thread, and super cool that your son is helping out.
              Thanks! He's definitely learning some automotive skills. In fact, now he just wants to do things himself, without dads instructions!

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
                Subscribed!

I love seeing that you and your son are taking on this project as a team. I would have loved to have similar father-son bonding with my pops' when I was younger! You two are definitely inspiring me with future goals!
                Thanks; I was checking out your build, nice custom cup holder! Do you have a shot of it painted?

Comment

Here's a preview of our next project!

Comment

Wheels turned out great man. They look really good on your car too. I'm glad they went to a good home. Enjoy.

(vw enthusiast, also e30 enthusiasts).

Comment

Originally posted by overheating View Post
                      Thanks; I was checking out your build, nice custom cup holder! Do you have a shot of it painted?

I do! However you'll have to excuse my dirty interior. Check my build thread :)

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Originally posted by E Coded View Post
                        Wheels turned out great man. They look really good on your car too. I'm glad they went to a good home. Enjoy.

(vw enthusiast, also e30 enthusiasts).

Thanks! The R32 and GTI must have thrown me off!

Comment

Hey, anything happened? Long time didn't see your updates, so i have some questions about repaint the wheels, i posted on the forum, if you have time, please look it up and help me with those questions, thank you, link is down below

Comment

Can you tell me a little more about your stealth stereo install? Are you just running the iSimple Jamlink directly into your amplifier? I want to run my iPhone in my car, but i don't want to remove the non working stock deck.

Comment

Originally posted by E Coded View Post
                              Can you tell me a little more about your stealth stereo install? Are you just running the iSimple Jamlink directly into your amplifier? I want to run my iPhone in my car, but i don't want to remove the non working stock deck.
                              I ended up using the following components:
                              1 x iSimple Dashboard Mounting Kit JamLink
                              1 x JL Audio CL-RLC (In lieu of head unit)
                              1 x JL Audio xd700 Amp
                              1 x JL Audio 8W3V3-4 8"
                              4 x Jl Audio C2-525x 5.25"
                              1 x Custom stealth Luke Box courtesy of German Audio Specialties

Comment

Originally posted by Alex19950807 View Post
                                Hey, anything happened? Long time didn't see your updates, so i have some questions about repaint the wheels, i posted on the forum, if you have time, please look it up and help me with those questions, thank you, link is down below
                                We ended up using 2 Packs of Duplicolor HSK100 Hyper Sliver Wheel Coating on the 15" Euro weaves. We used simple Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner and a 3M Heavy Duty Scouring Pads to pre-clean/prep the wheels. I used a variable speed Dremel with a 120 grit Flapwheel on wheel lip damage. Then 240 and 400 wet & dry sand paper to smooth everything out prior to paint.

Comment

Working...
                                X