Drift Mobile After a Washin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drift Mobile After a Washin'

With school starting again my car probably will not get the attention she deserves; however this summer I have put a lot of work into her. I did the timing belt, timing belt tension, water pump, spark plugs, distributor cap, rotor, coolant flush, new radiator hoses, every accessory belt, changed the differential oil seals, replaced the differential oil with Red Line in the 3.73 as well as the 4.10, and, finally, got some BF Goodwrench G-Force Sports. I had a mechanic do the clutch, replace the transmission rear main seal as well as the selector shaft seal, Red Line MTL, and install my old UUC Evo 3 short shifter with double shear selector rod (DSSR). He also put in IE trans mounts, but they accentuated an engine vibration that I never felt before so I put the stock mounts back in.

Cosmetically I got the euro plate tub, repainted a delphin spoiler that I bought from Eurospeed (it was all cracked and the wrong color), and I gave her a last good washing and waxing. Here is what she looks like as of this morning; maybe I will get the chance to take better pictures later.

And a better shot of the spoiler I painted (I'm particularly proud of this):
    Last edited by kommissar; 08-19-2006, 09:52 AM.

very nice car, i wouldnt dedicate it to drifting in its present condition.

Comment

looks good mang I.M.O shoulda MATCHED THE CAR TO THE SPOILER !!!!! DELPHIN GREY YEEEAHHHH BOYYYYY!!!!!
      J/K i like the paint , i'm just likin the delphin better .:pimp:
      :pimp:

Comment

The drifting thing is a joke. It's what Mike (eurostyl e30) calls my car for some reason... :crazy:

Comment

WOW, i love everything about that! SSR's ftmfw

Comment

Throw the gunmetal b-caps on for some pics

Comment

only thing it's missing is some euro bumpers :) Sweet looking none the less.
              Continuous For Sale Thread
              323i s50

Comment

WHEN U RACE VETTES DO U TAKE EM IN THE TWISTIES!?

The way this car runs makes mine jealous.

Comment

Looks great!!

Comment

Just wondering....where did you get that license delete strip for your front bumper. I can't find those anywhere and most places are sold out.

Comment

what did you use to spray the spoiler? it looks great (spoiler and whole car)
                      sigpic

Comment

The license delete is a special piece made by BAVAUTO i believe i got one from a bud for a good price .
                        :pimp:

Comment

Originally posted by egk2
                          Throw the gunmetal b-caps on for some pics
                          Will do this winter ;-)

Originally posted by eurostyl e30
                          You know it!

Originally posted by Bimmerista
                          Just wondering....where did you get that license delete strip for your front bumper. I can't find those anywhere and most places are sold out.
                          I bought the car and it was already included; however, delphini is on the money. The paperwork and receipts indicate it is from BavAuto.

Originally posted by DarkWing6
                          hat did you use to spray the spoiler? it looks great (spoiler and whole car)
                          I sanded it down to bare rubber then sprayed it with Rustoleum Plastic Primer. After that I hit it with 2 coats of Rustoleum Flat Black Automobile spray paint within 15 minutes of each other, sanded with a 220 or 600 grit sandpaper (can't remember which) and repeated this once or twice.

I would suggest using the flat because it is thicker and fills which fills in any imperfections in the rubber better than gloss. The flat color also hides slight imperfections because it doesn't reflect light as readily as gloss paint. The spoiler I got from Eurospeed actually had some marks in the rubber which I don't know how to repair. I was thinking they could be filled in with some bondo or something, but the flexible nature of the rubber would make it hard to do correctly.

Thanks for the comments all.

Comment

Beautiful pics!!! Great looking car!!! Zinno, correct?? I love it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eurostyl e30

The way this car runs makes mine jealous.
                              Yup!!

Sorry had to do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X