Race on Sunday, Shine on Monday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys.

The car has 356,000kms as of this morning, and yes those are the original seats.

The suspension consists of Ground Control coilovers (375lb/475lb) with Koni SAs in the front, Boges in the rear. I've argued that this setup (stock rears) works incredibly well, and I guess I finally proved it at the auto-x. The wheels are 15x7 ET20, the tires are 225/50/15.

And yes, it was quite entertaining to watch guys back their race cars back onto their trailers and yours truly setting up for the next run. ;)

Comment

Awesome Jay... sweeet ride. Let me know when you guys are getting together next.

TN.

Comment

JAM DWN....as in Jamaica?

Comment

Sure thing nomsg, there will be another E30 meet at the end of Septemer or early October, final gathering. I'll post it up on maX at least 2 weeks prior.

And chucko, yeah! It does stand for Jamaica. My parents were born there, I'm first generation Canadian. Not too many people get it, nice to see someone on R3V caught on.

Comment

Yeah, growing up I spent a lot of time around Jamaican culture and music. I've never seen that plate before though, it's really cool. Car looks great too!

Comment

Cool... my buddy, who is also first gen, moved to Kingston about a year ago to experience life in the motherland. I'm hoping to visit him next year.

TN.

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
              My parents were born there, I'm first generation Canadian. Not too many people get it, nice to see someone on R3V caught on.

Comment

Like I said before, congrats Jay. Hopefully next auto-X we can run head to head.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Another reason that goes to show how you've gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you start fixin the bolts on the car.

Good work man. Very clean ride. :envy
                  The Red Dragon V.5 1991 318iS / 2013 F800GT

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"

Comment

so comforting to see another like myself on these boards.... my parents are also from Jamaica by way of kingston i actually have family in canada ...toronto but yea congrats on your finish man car looks clean loving that drop
                    Originally posted by ebelements
                    Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiff325iS View Post
                      Another reason that goes to show how you've gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you start fixin the bolts on the car.

Good work man. Very clean ride. :envy
                      You have it wrong. The car has to be in tip-top shape, doesn't mean it has to be modified. But you are right about the driver, it's 95% driver, 5% car.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

VERY nice.. and the cell phone gets bonus points.
                        PNW Crew
                        90 m3
                        06 m5

Comment

I bring nothing to the table.

Other than my parents are from JA too.

Sold it.

Comment

Working...
                          X