Ruby's Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Levy3Poop View Post
    I'll probably do another oil change to something thicker when I can afford it because I agree with you. I didn't even think about how it's about 20 degrees hotter than when I got Dave's engine.

I'm glad you like the manifold! I think it turned out great. Next up is to get the new door cards I got at the junk yard all cleaned up and installed [emoji108][emoji106]Particularly the driver's door card haha

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    yeah man you should be fine with mobil 1 10w40. good call on the door cards. hyped i get to see the old girl getting some love.
    i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by sonomabimmers View Post
      yeah man you should be fine with mobil 1 10w40. good call on the door cards. hyped i get to see the old girl getting some love.
      I met a guy at AutoZone yesterday who sold this e30 to the guy I know who had it. He was so pissed when I mentioned it burned. I'm glad I give you the opposite of that experience haha

Comment

Oh ya I remember seeing that car. Bummer. Ya you're on quite a different path with it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I finally got around to installing the driver's door card I got for the junk yard.

The one she came with was torn up by the door lock pole thing, and the lock pole didn't have a bezel around it on the old one. This new one isn't torn up and has the bezel, which will make it feel a lot better to me.

Also, I'm not sure wtf all the tape on the bottom was for, but the new card doesn't have that either.

Hooray! She's becoming beautiful-er!

Comment

Always bothered me also. All PO stuff

i love bmws

Comment

Always bothered me also. All PO stuff

I wonder wtf exactly happened to goof up the door card like that. I mean, to rip that leater it had to be pretty forceful.

Comment

It's was dismantled for paint by the PO I would assume it happened then somehow.

i love bmws

Comment

It's was dismantled for paint by the PO I would assume it happened then somehow.

Ahhh I see. Did you buy it from isohi (on reddit)? Just curious. I'm trying to piece together all the previous owners just for fun.

Comment

Yup. He's got a thread on here for it. Same user name.

i love bmws

Comment

Yup. He's got a thread on here for it. Same user name.

I'll check it out, thanks!

Comment

No worries. Nice guy takes good photos. I bought it from him with a burned up clutch not drivable.

i love bmws

Comment

No worries. Nice guy takes good photos. I bought it from him with a burned up clutch not drivable.

Hahaha I guess he didn't ever get around to replacing the clutch like he said he wanted to in his first post. The clutch the car came with (AKA the old motor and tranny combo) was awful. You had to let it out about 75% of the way before it'd actually do anything. When we got the new motor and tranny in I actually stalled the car in front of everyone because the new clutch was a good one lol. I'm pretty sure Kevin and Josh burned out the original (to me) clutch with burnouts n' stuff lol

Comment

Yea because me and my friend had replaced that clutch ourselves right when I got the car and he's a head mechanic at a euro shop. The kid I sold it to totally seems like a burn out kid that barley knew how to drive stick so he probably roasted it. The clutch I pulled out of there from isohi had literally caught in fire because it was burned to a crisp like he BBQ'd it.

i love bmws

Comment

What clutch did you use ? Because I converted to a single mass flywheel.

i love bmws

Comment

What clutch did you use ? Because I converted to a single mass flywheel.

It was whatever clutch Dave had in his before we put it all in my car. It must be a single mass because it doesn't feel any slower than the old one. Where did you get the single mass flywheel from?

Comment

Working...
                                X