No announcement yet.

Chronicles of Greta the Eta, daily driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's actually the 86+ valance that came on chrome bumpered cars, commonly called the 772 valance, and the 'Jimmy Hill' lip.

Originally posted by wworm View Post
    Looks damn good! That valence/lip combo is an 84/85 euro version yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by Aufbau Principle View Post
      It's actually the 86+ valance that came on chrome bumpered cars, commonly called the 772 valance, and the 'Jimmy Hill' lip.
      Oh right right I should know that.
      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Retrofitted a late model parcel shelf and 3rd brake light I had lying around. Hopefully this keeps people off my ass a bit better in traffic.

Fuel economy took a nosedive a while ago so I swapped the coolant temp sensor a few weeks ago, and swapped the O2 sensor today. O2 sensor was pretty sooty so hopefully the new one helps. Will remain to be seen if the fuel economy improves, but I still smell gas outside the car when I rev it. Dunno if it's still running rich, if I have another small fuel leak somewhere, or if the cats on the new exhaust we put on are dead.

Comment

Ayye, glad to see you recovered! :up:

I had a similar situation happen with nose diving fuel economy, it turned out the diaphragm on my fuel pressure regulator broke and it was pushing excessive amounts of fuel into the intake manifold.

Might be worth checking if the coolant sensor / O2 sensor doesn't do the trick!

Comment

Working...
          X