From the ashes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the ashes!

Hey guys, it's been about a year since I posted. A lot has changed, I went from having 3 E30's in terrible shape. To one E30 destined for the scrap heap. I've put in a ton of work (for my experience level) into this thing in the 6 months I've owned it, and it's finally starting to look like what I've been dreaming about for 3 years. There is a never ending list of things to do and replace. But I've never had a car I could be proud of until this point. It feels amazing to have a tangible creation instead of just day dreaming for ever about what I'd like to do.

Future mods:
    Complete suspension overhaul
    Motor Swap (M54B30-cheap, decent power)
    Complete Respray
    New wheels/ tires

Anyways, here's how she sat when I first got her. Phase One coming soon!

So she's ugly, and not well taken care of. No oil, no battery, no intake boot, couldn't hold an idle. But it's everything I've ever wanted in an E30, Brillantrot, coupe, 5spd, "s" model. It even came with a carbon fiber hood, and LSD! I had to have it, I sold off all my other E30's and picked it up. Picked her up for $800, I was ecstatic! All of my profits from the other car sales would be thrown into this car. I had the entire "build" all set up to buy, the engine reserved, every part sourced and priced.

Then life happened. All of my profits were put into my house to get it ready for selling. Then we almost moved to Seattle, then we took 3 months off work to figure out what we wanted to do with life. Did some traveling, and decided to travel for a living! However, this left me with no garage, and no for sure place to work on my project. Enter Phase one, something that should have taken 2 weeks. Stretched out for almost 2 entire months.

Stay tuned, thanks for reading
    -Thor
    Eve- 86' Black E325 Sedan
    Mjolnir- 87' White 325 Sedan
    Rusty- 85' White 325 Coupe

Comment

reserve

Comment

keep m42.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
        Ig:ryno_pzk
        I like the tuna here.
        Originally posted by lambo
        Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Nev-ah! You can buy it off of me when I'm done though ;)

Comment

Glad you found the dream e30 for you Thor. I'm excited to see the progress since we sound like we're on the same level of mechanical experience. What really piqued my interest is how you are going to travel for a living, would you mind explaining? LOL sorry off topic but interesting.

Comment

Working...
            X