Lachs Silver 1988 325 Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    I never noticed there was just no "3" haha clever BMW marketing! Im going to drive around in 3 from now on
    I liked “S” for everything but the highway.

We’re going to be family car shopping this summer and selling our Mk7 ‘16 Golf. Two top choices are a ‘13+ Audi Q5 Prestige S-Line 3.0T or a CPO F31 Sport/Msport 3-series wagon. Either will compliment the E30 really nicely
    1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
    SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
    Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      man, is mine the only auto that doesnt have the "S" ... another reason to throw this thing in the ocean...

congrats on getting the 5 speed swap done!
      don't throw it away. don't throw it into the ocean.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
        don't throw it away. don't throw it into the ocean.
        you should buy it... I will give you a great deal!

BTW Ive been trying out my city driving in "3" and its noticeably better, but still sucks overall
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Hey man, I met you last night at the Dicks meet! (I was in that Schwarz II e34). Just read through your build. The car's come a long way and I'm impressed! BTW, I vote for f31 Msport Touring.

90 M3 brilliantrot/schwarz
          90 M5 brilliantrot/schwarz
          87 325 alpinweiss/houndstooth (building)
          90 735i/5 islandgrün-metallic/schwarz (daily)
          87 Foxbody Notch 5.0 5spd SSP (other daily)
          71 F-250 4x4 390 4spd

Comment

Bosch smilies are in & wired up. Picking up a set of 15" Hartge's this weekend. I'll be putting them on a set of 205/55 Dunlop Direzza DZ102. Pics to follow.

SOLD

Comment

Awesome thread! Car looks great I'm Sub'd
              1992 325i Convertible - "project"
              1994 325is - Daily

Comment

Aaaaaand now I have lachsilber envy..

If you let me touch yours I'll let you touch mine ;D

Comment

15" Hartge Wheels

I drove down to Portland on Saturday & back up to Seattle early on Sunday morning. I put more than 500 miles on the car in less than 24 hours and it did so without complaint! Well, I will complain a little... with the S3.73:1 rear diff on a supereta 500 highway miles are not so fun. It is loud in there as you're cranking 3250-3600rpm between 70-85mph. That wouldn't be a biggie in an "i" car but it felt strung out for that long in my supereta. More motivation to get my 885 "i" cylinder head machined, refreshed and installed!

I ended up mounting the Hartge's on the tires they came with. They're a big improvement over the awful marshmellow 185/70 (balding) nothing no-seasons that were on there before. Overall I love the look, just what I was going for. Subtle, and OEM+, just how I like a non-M E30.

Hope you all like the look too! I need to grab more pictures of the front with the smilies installed and all the other work that's gone down as well.

SOLD

Comment

Dont make any sudden changes because the S3.73 is perfect when you get the 885 head on there. just hurry up and do it. Im close to doing the 5-speed myself... I cant wait. Then I will be looking to swap out the open 3.73 for a LSD unit
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Agreed on above, 3.73 is what you'll want with that gearbox and the I head.

Hartge's look great. Very natural looking on that color car.

Comment

youre making me wish I had a bigger respray fund! I love how different lachs can look in different lights.
                        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

the gletscherblau plays the light nicely too ... don't go out on me...
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          '90 325i sedan daily driven
                          '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Have you thought of adding some wheel spacers? Looks like they could be beneficial in the rear to help fill out the fender a little more. Just my $0.02

Comment

Nice work on the Hartges & the manual swap! Car is looking great.

No need for spacers, that's how the Hartges looked from the factory + if it's regularly driven, and the wheels are more flush then you'll hit a mid-corner bump on a high speed corner at some point and the tyres will hit and mess up the guards.

Contemplating going back to 15s myself as 16s are getting hard to get with the correct load rating for the s2 e30 - good choice!
                              My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by iXguido View Post
                                Have you thought of adding some wheel spacers? Looks like they could be beneficial in the rear to help fill out the fender a little more. Just my $0.02
                                The wheels are et26 which is right in line with where I'd like them to be for my style. I do have 5mm spacers for the rear but decided against it.

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
                                Nice work on the Hartges & the manual swap! Car is looking great.

No need for spacers, that's how the Hartges looked from the factory + if it's regularly driven, and the wheels are more flush then you'll hit a mid-corner bump on a high speed corner at some point and the tyres will hit and mess up the guards.

Contemplating going back to 15s myself as 16s are getting hard to get with the correct load rating for the s2 e30 - good choice!
                                Thanks for the nice words! Finding attractive 15's & 16's is not easy to find for the E30 these days. I was picky in that I wanted something period correct & OEM+ in fitment and aesthetics. These Hartge's fit the bill nicely for what I am going for. I want to build an early coupe next that I'd love to put Alpina 16" wheels on.

Cheers.

SOLD

Comment

Working...
                                X