Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eternal24k View Post
    And then... I THINK I am done?

still in love with this paint. There's some imperfections on the roof, i wish the first shop didn't implode but I am just happy to have the car near the finish line and confident to be able to enjoy it in the spring.
    sooo will I get some pics too?!?
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

sooo will I get some pics too?!?
      Oh fo sho

Comment

Checked on sleeping beauty today. Still up in the air with motor for the touring. Also thinking of adding electric windows to the rear, but keeping manual up front. Anyone ever done this?

Comment

been gone for a bit, but I was able to get the swappie on the road for the first time in 2 years. Finished exterior, mounting side skirts, put doors and 90% of interior back together, ceramic coated the exterior, fresh oil change and had a great rip.

Steering rack is groaning and shuttering with air, after finding the other thread, I suspect it's the Chase power steering line, I ordered an OEM and will be swapping with that. Seats are fantastic, heat on them is hot and they are super comfortable. Only thing I am not sure about still is the red/evo seat belts. They kind of clash with the subtle Alpina color scheme inside

Now i need to get a camera and take some decent pics when the rain stops.

Last edited by eternal24k; 10-22-2023, 05:14 PM.

Comment

not much going on, been pretty busy trying to build a house. But did make my own Luke Box to finally wrap up my sound system.
            I may have a drain, i need to check the POs wiring to the amp and radio, but it may just be the battery getting old. Have to say, loving the heated Recaros this time of year...
            Box is standard layout, wrapped in carpet with amp mounted on back with rubber mounts to reduce vibration and allow for some space for cooling. Box was waterproofed and wrapped in carpet. I used EPDM foam on firewall to make a seal. I still need to cleanup wiring and finish

Comment

things have slowed down, S52 car is in the garage, no work on the touring this year but hoping to find a clean m52 over the winter to prep for turbo (although i keep thinking about a K swap, it just seems too controversial on an Alpina rep).

I did find some photos Skudak took when he stopped by my place, the green is hard to photograph when surrounded by a green backdrop. Hope to get better photos next year.

The M42 car, "Toad" is back on snow tires. Having a hard time finding replacements and currently living on a very steep "class 4" mountain road, starting to think about chains... If anyone has a low profile chain that's worth it, please let me know. I just dont want something that will beat the wheel well.

but i think i found the color i'm going to paint it in the spring when i pull the vinyl off (which i am dreading)... Land Rover Keswick Green
              Click image for larger version

Name:	defender-d90-keswick-green.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	10110810

Comment

Working...
              X