• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wworm
    replied
    Originally posted by betz View Post
    the car has passed smog

Would like to hear more about these plans. Wouldn't running such an aggressive non-stock setup be a surefire way to fail smog? Not trying to sound like a smart ass, generally curious as a California native who wants to build an engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• mr.
    replied
    Burgundrot and euro bumpers? I'm a fan already. And stroker? I'll be watching this build

Leave a comment:

• Gregolas
    replied
    Damn this is motivating me to get going on mine!

Leave a comment:

• Kershaw
    replied
    Doing all this work and not going to a full standalone seems like a waste.

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by AwakenNoMore View Post
    I'm betting it'll make more than 200whp if the tune is optimized for your specs. It'll be interesting to see where it ends up.
    I really think so too. No need to get caught up in numbers at this point, though. So long as it sounds bitchin, and embarrasses my roommate's 2017 BRZ ;D

Leave a comment:

• AwakenNoMore
    replied
    I'm betting it'll make more than 200whp if the tune is optimized for your specs. It'll be interesting to see where it ends up.

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by AwakenNoMore View Post
    Sub'd as well. I'd like to build the same engine for myself one day. May Pm you for info when the time comes. Build is looking great so far!
    Thank you!

Feel free! It's been a learning experience for sure.

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by sampayne View Post
    Looking good. Sub'd. What management are you running? Power goals?
    I will be running Motronic 1.3 with the 173 ECU and an Sssquid tune. The tune is stage 2, 91 octane, M50 green top injectors.

I'm shooting for about 200 bhp to start, but plan on changing things incrementally later. After I'm sure the setup is solid, the car has passed smog, and my wallet feels heavier than usual will I start changing externals.

Long tube headers and ITBs are on the want list. Hoping for 200whp all said and done.

Leave a comment:

• AwakenNoMore
    replied
    Sub'd as well. I'd like to build the same engine for myself one day. May Pm you for info when the time comes. Build is looking great so far!

Leave a comment:

• sampayne
    replied
    Looking good. Sub'd. What management are you running? Power goals?

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    This is so sweet! Looking forward to more progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by LateFan View Post
    ^^ this is normal - you're doing it right.

Original size valves going in?
    Yes, original 42mm intake/ 36mm exhaust valves with 3 angle valve job. New valves replacing the bent ones from the original head.

All new febi rockers and eccentrics and bimmerheads 274 cam.

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    ^^ this is normal - you're doing it right.

Original size valves going in?

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Not pictured, breaking two piston rings and even breaking the shitty wrinkle band ring compressor, buying a tapered ring compressor, getting the wrong main bearings, getting the wrong clutch and pressure plate, lugging the head, block, and crankshaft to different shops in the back of my G35 Coupe, and getting my hands greasy af for like 10 weekends straight.

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Aaaand finally to present day. The head as it sits at the machine shop. Should be getting new valves today.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X