My E30s.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My E30s.

I bought an 87 325 (coupe :() with an m20b25 swapped out of a 91 325is. The car came with a LOAD of spare parts. Old DME, ABS module, two extra fenders, two extra seats (bolsters on the side but not the bottoms?) Also came with two complete rear subframes plus a 3.73 LSD (I believe, will check the tag later) and plenty of other spare parts like taillights, foglights, relays. Essentially all kinds of BMW 'junk' and more. It also has an mtech 1 steering wheel. The m20 sounds good and it allegedly has a 'chip'. The car has a clean title.

The only downside was the autotragic is failing and I had to tow it home.

The major upside, I paid less than 250 for everything. Needless to say I was very happy!!

It's a long story on how I found the car. But I was about to buy a blower then this has a working blower so easy numbers there.

The work computer is not recognizing my phone, so pictures will have to wait. Its not clean by any means. But a cheap running e30 with spare parts is something to celebrate!

E30 number 2!
    Last edited by HerbE30; 01-04-2018, 09:50 PM.
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Nice, sell a few parts and you have a free30
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

what are your plans? part out, or build?
      JP
      WTB: Z3 1.9 lever, plastic bumpers, 19# injectors, Anthracite Cloth Sport Seats

Current
      88 325 super eta
      00 528i/5 (daily)
      02 530iA sport

Former
      04 525iA sport
      87 325is
      91 325i
      97 528i

Comment

I am not sure. My daily is almost to the point where I want it. Initially I just wanted the heater and the engine. I may go ahead and replace the tranny and have another nice daily. May try to keep it as factory as possible for the moment!

Been insane in personal life and work. I want to review my daily in this thread too. Hopeful to have a real update soon!
        20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Well, I figured it was about time to share pictures and what has been done with my E30(s). I would go into detail with how the thirty life started, I'll spare you goons from that though.

I did not keep my pictures well updated and have owned Delphin near two years now. Typical CL find, traded my mk3 Jetta for the 325i. The guy was VW obsessed and I already had a terrible experience with a different seller and looked at 2 other 30s.

Pretty much stock when I got it. But here is what I have put on it, pretty much all parts big and small. Not in order. Its actually almost a reverse order. (Truly I want to have better documentation, as well as the joy of reminiscing of the cars history. Bad and good).

Wish I could say I did it all by myself without the help of you guys. ;D

The uncompleted list begins:

-Blunttech SSK
          -Z3 Selector
          -M knob
          -4.10 LSD
          -Royal Purple Diff Fluid
          -Magnaflow Muffler (Cats currently there)
          -Bilstein HD
          -Vogtland
          -Brembo OE 'slicks'
          -Momo Race Wheel
          -Condor 12mm Subfame
          -Condor LCAB (M3), RTAB, and Diff
          -Lemforder LCA & Tie Rods (went through cheap ebay "hold over thing" DONT DO THAT!) "deutschland " I THINK was their name.
          -Sport Seats (nearing the end of their lives)
          -Condor PS Delete
          -Gates TB
          -Walbro 255lph
          - Ebay IS front lip (Don't buy PP, buy PU)
          -Hawk HPS

The boring stuff..

-635csi battery
          -New brake fluid
          -Alternator
          -Karlyn Plug Wires
          -Bosch Dist & Rotor
          -Bosch Fuel Filter
          -Lots of Castrol and K&N filters
          -Geba WP
          -INA Tension
          -BMW Coolant
          -Injector O-rings
          -CPS
          -FPR (cant remember the brand of these guys )
          -Air Filter Mann
          -New Intake Elbow
          -Several new vacuum lines BMW brand

Now let me add a couple of pictures.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by HerbE30; 04-06-2018, 10:25 AM.
          20% Accurate

Comment

Side shot.
            My tires are too tall.
            Attached Files
            20% Accurate

Comment

I even had my own mother put work on this car!!
              Attached Files
              20% Accurate

Comment

Now both of the cars together!

The coupe mentioned in the first post and the steering wheel that was included.
                Attached Files
                20% Accurate

Comment

It truly have been the most riveting thread, agreed?

Also, before anyone else points it out...
                  I am aware the wheel weights are on the outside.
                  I am aware a piece of trim is missing as well!
                  20% Accurate

Comment

all your base are belong to us
                    Boris - 89 E30 325i
                    84- E30 323i

Comment

Working...
                    X