No announcement yet.

1991 318i Cabrio bagged w/s50 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I got her running and the s50 is everything I expected. Runs warmer than desired when the a/c is on so EMG installed an extra fan to cool things down in this Texas heat.

Busted my oil pan 2 days ago driving down one of Houston’s abusive roads. Was only going 20mph and my air ride was at normal ride height (50psi). The dip was so bad it compromised my skid plate and cracked the oil pan. The e34 oil pan sits extremely low on the s50 even with the subframe spacers. Luckily I was otw to my homie’s junkyard and was close enough to make it before running too low on oil. Long story short we threw it on a lift, removed the pan, took it to get the crack welded up, and had it back running 6hrs later. Had a nice drive back home until it started smoking like crazy. Pulled over and realized we didn’t tighten the d—- drain plug. Ended up towing it home with AAA. Copped a new plug from Momentum the next morning and now she’s good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by childsplay View Post
      Dude, you need to share the part number on those fender covers. Btw awesome ride, can't wait to get my S50 installed in my own vert!

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
      1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
      1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
      1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
      1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
      1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
      Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
      1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
      1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post
        Dude, you need to share the part number on those fender covers. Btw awesome ride, can't wait to get my S50 installed in my own vert!
        Wish I knew lol. I'll have to ask the shop that did the swap. They were vet BMW dealer mechanics for 10yrs so I'm sure they got them while working there.

Comment

That is tasty!
          sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

How hard is it to get an S50 euro ITB intake?

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
              How hard is it to get an S50 euro ITB intake?
              Just go with an RHD ITB setup at that stage haha.

Comment

Picked up some 17x8 Style 5s cerakoted in gold. Got them drilled to 4x100, new hub rings, and mounted a set of Nitto 205/40s. Had to grind the caliper bracket down and add 5mm spacers for the front. Huge difference compared to the previous set of 16inch RS. Just picked up a new OEM valance, front bumper and plastics. Got hit while parked a while back. Headed to paint soon. Same color, fresh coat with minor repairs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
Views:	116
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	9919961

Comment

You've got great taste in cars. And I love the gold centers on those BBS wheels! :)

Comment

Those wheels look perfect. Clean car!!
                    OBD1 S52 E36 Compact
                    84 318i M10 Zender

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                      You've got great taste in cars. And I love the gold centers on those BBS wheels! :)
                      Appreciate that!

Comment

Working...
                      X