my new nurburgring whip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here's a major thread bump!

I did alot of work on the E30 yesterday.

I trimmed and epoxy'd the CF sunroof plug into the car. I was going to black silicone the inside and outside for good measure, but it's raining today, so that will have to wait.

then i started on my 5 lug conversion. I've got the front half almost done.

things installed

H&R nurburgring spec coil overs
    IE hollow sway bars with links
    new OE steel A arms
    new OE tie rods
    THR eyeballs
    custom adjustable camber plates (will be replaced)
    13 inch willwood rotors
    willwood SL6R calipers.

things still left to do on the front

- I need an adapter to change my Bimmerworld SS brake lines to the thread of the willwood calipers. seams like one is american thread pitch and the other is european
    - install new OEM 25mm master cylinder
    - install SS clutch line from one of the board members
    - install bimmerworld SS brake lines and bleed brakes
    - install solid motor mounts
    - install sparco/ie strut bar

so here are some pics...

sunroof plug

front suspension

temp wheels

M5 wheels, off to be refinished today!

the initial stance. notice the M5 wheel is running 235/45/17. i think with my 215/40/17 azenis i won't need to run the IE fender flares!

My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

wow looks great!! keep us updated
      "Modern cars, they all look like electric shavers."
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/bloodonthemotorway/sets/

sigpic

Comment

I like theold stretch limo, so pimp, load the girls and go on the night in town with some fun! LOL :D

nice progress on the e30 ! The steelies looks awesome on it and I mean it

Comment

Those steelies are pretty sick. Wonder if they make them in 4-lug...

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
            Those steelies are pretty sick. Wonder if they make them in 4-lug...
            thanks, yeah i think they're pretty rad as well.

check steelies for the new mini. i think they make them in 17, definetly in 16

Comment

i love how you can put the euro back in the car! ;)
              '89 "is" = M technic II build mode.

sigpic

Comment

Car looks awesome. I like the direction you are taking with it. Is the carbon plug just held in there with silicone? I was contemplating the same thing and could not figure out how I wanted to mount it to the car. To all of the people who were asking about shipping a car back privately, don't do it unless it is truly something you love, it is a hug ass ache. I ended up spending almost $800 more than what I was quoted (long story), and customs seized and then "lost" the car for almost 4 months. When I went to NJ to pick it up for the 3rd time I was interrogated as to why I would pay $2500 to ship over a $1500 dollar car. Again, it was a total pain in the nuts, there was a while where I thought that I would never see my car again.
                Matt

sigpic

Comment

any spacers to fit those brake behind the m5 rims? what spec are the system wheels, offset etc?

im running 17x8 et20 systems and a 215/40 Rs2 up front and they fit nice
                  ///M Inside

Comment

Originally posted by Jhonno View Post
                    any spacers to fit those brake behind the m5 rims? what spec are the system wheels, offset etc?

im running 17x8 et20 systems and a 215/40 Rs2 up front and they fit nice
                    yeah same wheels. 20mm of spacers! not my favorite but i have 4 sets of wheels and none of them clear the brakes, so what can you do???

alpinaclone - no worries, it's a US spec car so i don't have to futz with customs when i ship it back

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post

alpinaclone - no worries, it's a US spec car so i don't have to futz with customs when i ship it back
                      If the Air Force does it you will be fine, when the Army shipped back my dad's 735 I don't think they even opened the trunk. Mine was US spec too but I shipped it privately.
                      Last edited by alpinaclone; 07-13-2008, 03:27 PM. Reason: reading failure
                      Matt

sigpic

Comment

i have got to make a trip out just to see this car and the M5

Comment

+1 on steelies. Id rock them if they came in 4x100.

COTM

Comment

wow, almost a year ago i gave the last update. that's alot of ring time i missed out on :(

oh well, at least yesterday it passed inspection!!!!:firehop:

here's the post i copied from my track car build on bf.c

alright so the nice weather, and a few friends at work who have been bitten by the nurburgring bug have given me alot of motivation to get this car track worthy:confused

A few 3am nights have produced a car that passed the stingey inspection station. i didn't even have to pay the inspector with beer!

here she is as she sits in the driveway after her first bath since June of 2007!

what do you guys think of 4 low beams instead of the usual low/high? I'm also thinking of yellow french lights, or smoked. I have all of these upstairs, so i'll be trying them out in a little bit. I'm not touching a wrench again on this car until i get a few solid days of lapping the ring in.

here is a side shot. I'm thinking of modifying the side trim to end right at the flares. i aslo want to paint the rocker pannels flat black, and paint the gap between the end of the flares and the rocker.

not so much wheel clearance. the H&R coil overs are all the way up right now. i might need to add a helper spring if this is too low (bump steer)

as i was drying the car i noticed how much paint damage is on the car. 2 years of no washing, but lots of grinding, and wrenching has really jacked up the paint. there are little rust specs all over the car from grinding. i need to clay bar the car and apply a fresh coat of wax. that wont help all the paint damage though, check out my hood.... time to order light weight panels

Here are some shots of the interior. for the most part it is done, i just need to do a few little things here and there. I'm thinking of putting the glove box back in as i have 0 storage space! the green thing in teh center console is my registration, which i'm a bit nervous about. and i feel like a total dousche driving with gloves, but i don't want my wheel getting all buggared up...

and finally here is a pic of yesterday's sunset that i thought was pretty cool

Comment

Hey how did you do the sunroof delete? I've taken everything out except where the track used to be, so now I have this random bucket.
                              I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                              2875-C Towerview Road
                              Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

Nice... have fun and post pics tearing it up!8)
                                No BITCHASSEDNESS!!!
                                Werd.:finger:

Comment

Working...
                                X