Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30 - Been in storage for 13 years, took overs off...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah - Simmons FR17s! Very nice.

Looking back at the 2005 photos, it's amazing how many 80's / early 90s cars were still on the road in 2005 vs now where you see virtually none. Now cars from the mid-2000s are few by comparison (eg. how many VZ Commodores or BA Falcons do you still see vs. how many were originally sold?)

It's funny to think how much things have changed - 15 years ago a lot fewer people took on car loans to buy cars, now people are shocked when you say you don't have finance on your car.
    My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
      Yeah - Simmons FR17s! Very nice.

Looking back at the 2005 photos, it's amazing how many 80's / early 90s cars were still on the road in 2005 vs now where you see virtually none. Now cars from the mid-2000s are few by comparison (eg. how many VZ Commodores or BA Falcons do you still see vs. how many were originally sold?)

It's funny to think how much things have changed - 15 years ago a lot fewer people took on car loans to buy cars, now people are shocked when you say you don't have finance on your car.
      you're totally right

Comment

Maybe i am just more noticing it these days but the amount of new cars on the road is insane, i feel like every car is no more than 3 yrs old. Credit is too easy to get. Also you are correct, where are all the VZ commondores?

Comment

E30's have now totally disappeared from the roads. Its rare to see them.

Yes those are Simmons FR17. Simmons are now back in business (or someone using their name), they now make a 1 piece FR17 that looks identical, and is only $350 AUD each. So for $1400 you get a full set of a very good looking (still) wheel design.

Comment

Its coming soon.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	9860099

Comment

Got to degrease the engine bay and have a good look at what needs to be done.

I replaced all the old yellow containers with new white ones. They were all reasonable in price except for the brake cylinder reservoir on the right hand side. It was $147 USD. This particular tank was only used by the euro 323i and an early version of the US 318i. Only 46 left in the world, so had to buy one :(

Name:	e30-soon-02.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	9860103

Comment

The entire car is almost completely free of rust except for some surface rust spots on the firewall behind the crumbling insulation, and this battery bay.

Name:	e30-soon-03.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	9860106

Comment

Its finally going...

Comment

Working...
                  X