Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drivers seat complete.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fresh_TD; 07-22-2019, 12:58 PM.
    '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
    '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

that looks much better than I expected it would
      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
        that looks much better than I expected it would
        It looks even better in person. It's less noticable.

Comment

Wow, nice work on the seats. I may have to do something like that for my driver's side seat bolster, though I'm not sure if that'll work with vinyl.

Great seeing you on Saturday!

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
            Wow, nice work on the seats. I may have to do something like that for my driver's side seat bolster, though I'm not sure if that'll work with vinyl.

Great seeing you on Saturday!
            It will. Also they have different materials in different color. They have leather, vinyl, and what I got (Tweed), etc. You get whatever matches your seats the best.

Comment

Originally posted by fresh_TD View Post
              It will. Also they have different materials in different color. They have leather, vinyl, and what I got (Tweed), etc. You get whatever matches your seats the best.

I'm going there today... didn't know vinyl could be fixed like that!
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Nice!

My first BMW was an e21, and I've always had a soft spot for them. That looks like a decent ride, hows the rust?
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                  Nice!

My first BMW was an e21, and I've always had a soft spot for them. That looks like a decent ride, hows the rust?
                  One small spot. Drivers side jack point. It's a pretty solid e21.

Comment

Doing some engine bay cleaning while I wait on parts. The other day while on the hwy, my distributor cap cracked in half, most likely to a failed motor mount. Parts should be on Friday.

Comment

That looks great Manny. Nice find! Should have stopped at my house for a drink!
                      1991 318is
                      2004 330ci
                      2011 335d

Comment

Top half of the hood is clean now. So much gunk on it [emoji123]

Comment

Manny, your E21 is fantastic. You really have a knack for finding super clean cars and then improving on them. I got to check this one out a couple times over the past few weeks. Impressive!

Comment

I really enjoyed my 320i, I think e21s are underrated too. My gf loved that car far more than I thought. She only told me after I sold it. RIP. I think now is probably a good time to pick up the clean ones. In 5 years, they'll be worth a lot more. They don't really have an aftermarket like e30s or 2002s, but that's ok. Keeping it stock/oem+ is fun too.
                            AWD > RWD

Comment

What a great thread.

Being an E21 owner I am probably heavily biased...they are really great drivers cars and very underrated. The M10 powered version has all of the raw mechanical feel of the 2002 with a much better interior and sublime steering feel through its manual rack and pinion.

Not too many left on the road and it is awesome to see Fresh_TD preserving and enjoying this fine Euro example. Someday I would like to add a 323i to the fleet.

Cheers,

MJ

Comment

Lovely e21! Looks to be in great condition considering how badly they rust (especially around the windscreen and B pillars - your's looks really clean in those areas).

I have owned two over the years - an M10 powered 320i manual in Polaris like this one, and a 323i manual in Turmalingrun. Much more raw than the e30, and I would still have one if I'd been able to find another one in decent condition when my 323i was written off - they are a bit scary to have an accident in! If you can keep their renowned front end shimmy under control then they're a great drive.

Great options on this one too with the sport steering wheel, Recaros and turbine wheels.
                                My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Working...
                                X