Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Total Rear Suspension Overhaul (56k killer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ///M42 sport
    are those two blue lines for the brakes?
    Teflon coated SS lines. (hopefully) Who knows what other ricessories that car has with that giant riceboy exhuast laying beside it ;)

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

New stuff is always cool :up:

Interesting to see the spring adjusters on the bottom. On my H&R kit it appeared that the adjusters went on top of the spring. We also had to take them out because it was way too high in the back, which I thought was odd.
      -Ted

Comment

Teflon coated SS lines. (hopefully) Who knows what other ricessories that car has with that giant riceboy exhuast laying beside it
        Yes, they're the Earl's teflon covered brake lines. The rice can is gone in about a month when I install my IE exhaust and some headers and 'i' cat. I bought that muffler about 4 years ago and was a very expensive one, sounds better than any exhaust I've heard on an E30 yet, surprisingly.
        -Brandon
        '86 325es S50
        '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
        '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
        '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
        S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

whats the advantage of M3 axles? E30 or E36? Thanks.

Comment

No advantage of the E30 M3 axles, they are all the same except for ABS vs. non-ABS axles. Also, the earlier ones were a slightly different design, but all fit the same.
            -Brandon
            '86 325es S50
            '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
            '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
            '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:

Comment

Beej:
              Looks heaps better, how are you finding the 500lb rears??

Does your subframe have all 4 trailing arm mounts adjustable??

Which ones do what?? (ie inner for the Toe & outer for the Camber!?!?!)
              292rwhp E30 :D

Comment

How much were the H&R rear adjusters and where did you get them? WIll they work with standard lowering springs?

Comment

Beej:
                  Looks heaps better, how are you finding the 500lb rears??

Does your subframe have all 4 trailing arm mounts adjustable??

Which ones do what?? (ie inner for the Toe & outer for the Camber!?!?!)
                  I like the longer 500 lb rear springs a lot better. They seem to work better with the Bilstein Sports than my old smaller stiffer springs. I looked at the specs of the spring and they only take like 100 more pounds to completely compress, but for some reason, the rear is a lot higher than before. A 450 - 475 lb spring might have worked better.

Yes, I have all 4 adjustments on the subframe. The insides adjus the camber and the outsides adjust the toe.

How much were the H&R rear adjusters and where did you get them? WIll they work with standard lowering springs?
                  BMP and Turner both sell them for about $160 - $165, but you need to have either 60 mm or 2.5" ID race springs that are flat on the end of the spring.
                  -Brandon
                  '86 325es S50
                  '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
                  '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
                  '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:

Comment

Working...
                  X