X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lookin good man
    :pimp:

Comment

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead, cause its finally getting warm! Last night I put a 3.73 open diff i had lying around in the vert. I have been busy over the winter though, with shopping! I bought all new seat upholstry, i got a valance and bumper surrounds. I'm going to get the missing motor parts and a rack hopefully this weekend. Now i'm on the fence about painting the car, we'll see. I've got a renovation project going on in my house so all of my spare time has been spent there. I'd like to get the vert on the road by June, thats my goal. Here are some recent pics, not as nice as Vlad's, but the whole thing will probably cost less than 2 of his wheels :) :

All Your Base Is Belongs To Us

Comment

oh, where'd you get the seat covers from?
        Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
        http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Looking good man. That color match could have been better though..
          :: PNW Crew ::
          '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Originally posted by ///M42 sport View Post
            oh, where'd you get the seat covers from?
            They were on ebay(not the place selling covers, these are replacement upholstry), got em for only $280, I was a little skeptical, but when they showed up they looked pretty good. Well see once I reupholster the seats how they look.

Backtrail, yeah, i was thinking the same thing when the parts showed up, they are bit darker than zinno. Sucks because I paid more than I normally would since the valance and surrounds were perfect. This, and the fact that I still need a good hood, is why i'm thinking i may just paint the whole car.

Comment

Well I got a little bit done over the past few days, right now Im working on getting the new rad support in, which means i have to get the remainder of the old rad support out, what a pain! Plus I have a used rad support to put in it and i need to clean that up, cut off whats not needed, etc. This is the first time I've taken on a project like this, so I'm learning as I'm going. Once the rad support it, it will be smooth sailing from there. Well here's some pics, hope fully i'll have more progress soon!

Lots of parts everywhere

Are you sure this isn't a parts car? :)

Got one side about ready, i just need to grind a little bit

Here's what it used to look like

and the new - used rad support, it red so i won't have to paint it 8-[

Comment

Looking good there Jeff, keep pluging away at it.

Comment

Ok, i know its past June and the car isn't even close to done, but i got a really big step done today, the new rad support is finnally welded in! Its all bolt on from here out! A friend of mine who's been doing body for around 15 years helped me weld it in today. I'll tell ya, it was alot more work than I thought it would be, but very worth it to save such a nice car from the crusher. The best part about having someone who knows what they are talking about helping out is you know its done right :) So here are the pics, next I will be finishing getting the motor running and starting it up, then the suspension will be redone, finish up reupholstering the interior, and final assembly, damn I better get to work.

Comment

Nice work, but I wanna see the seatcovers installed. I need a set.
                    McCain's military draft: Are you willing to bet your life?

Comment

Damn. My convertible needs the same rad support job. Does this guy work on the side? I've got tools and a nice garage...just no welder. I'm in NJ, too!

BTW, you mentioned 'cutting off stuff that wasn't needed off of the rad support'...what's not needed? Do the rad supports differ from E30 to E30??

One more thing... how did you remove the remainder of the rad support? Spot weld drill bit or ?
                      89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
                      E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

it looks like you ended up painting this this. If not then it looks like you got parts really really clean.
                        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

Originally posted by Lair View Post
                          Nice work, but I wanna see the seatcovers installed. I need a set.

Me too! But right now I gotta get this thing to move under its own power so I can get my M3 out of the garage. I'll post pics as I get it done

Originally posted by bmwpower View Post
                          Damn. My convertible needs the same rad support job. Does this guy work on the side? I've got tools and a nice garage...just no welder. I'm in NJ, too!

BTW, you mentioned 'cutting off stuff that wasn't needed off of the rad support'...what's not needed? Do the rad supports differ from E30 to E30??

One more thing... how did you remove the remainder of the rad support? Spot weld drill bit or ?
                          Sorry, no side work for him, i told him we should do another one to flip a car and his answer was no f'n way, :) As for the excess, you need to drill out the spot welds on the damaged rad support to the body on the car, and I used a good used rad support off of a parts car, that was just hacksawed off, so i had to drill out the welds to get rid of the pieces of frame rail and fender apron, so the rad support would be ready to weld in. Nex time I think I would get an after market rad support for $150 thats ready to weld in.

Hey, you dont have a pair of damaged cabro fenders do you? semd me a PM

Originally posted by rede30 View Post
                          it looks like you ended up painting this this. If not then it looks like you got parts really really clean.
                          I had some zinno paint so I brushed it on where the primer and welds were, it doesnt look so good up and close :) You won't be able to see it once the hood is shut anyhow.

Comment

PM sent.

Where can you get an aftermarket rad support for $150??
                            89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
                            E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

Originally posted by bmwpower View Post
                              PM sent.

Where can you get an aftermarket rad support for $150??

seny you a pm

Comment

Working...
                              X