Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H&R Cup Kit Installed! - Is this low..enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK's? Those are some multi-lug generic Honda rims on Smoove's car.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
      Yes they are!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio
        Originally posted by Jordan
        That looks ghetto as all hell.

You need larger wheels.
        Gosh I wish I had wheels to install so I could see what else Jordan would've said ;)

Of course, you can't attack me using the automatic thing, thats overdone :oops:

Thanks again Jordan, for all the advice you gave me.
        Wurd...what a hole

Comment

Originally posted by Smoove1
          Originally posted by Digitalwave
          Yes they are!!!
          ;)

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

damn...that is the nastiest drop i have ever seen for some non-adjustable springs...and they still have to settle?? jeese, that car is gonna be on the ground. dont ever drive that car in an urban city...it would be destroyed on all the bumps and manhole covers, speed bumps, driveways, cracks, garbage, construction zones, hill crests, pretty much anything...LOL
            IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Time for my .02:

1) Car is too too low, which has two related concerns:
              a. You have a cabrio, which means it is heavier and you should not use a 325i specific kit.....I'm assuming this is the case. (Rob used it on his 318is, and it was a little too high, but oh well)
              b. You have a heavier car, which means you should use stiffer spring rates. Not only is it too low, but it undersprung for the weight, so you'd probably knock the FUCK out of the bottom of your car easily. You can have a low, stiff ride, but a low soft one won't do

Change your suspension. Go for a spring set that is reviewed as stiff for the 325i and it should be right for you.

About wheels. 15" X-spokes would look a world better, but all wheels look a tit bit ghetto THAT low.

btw, your ride looks like Dave's old Mtech cabrio and it makes me sad

Comment

all these harsh comments--poor guy!!!

Comment

I don't mind the harsh comments at all. I understand the spring rates are too soft for the car. I am going to change them out as soon as I have the money to. But of course, I am getting the 16" borbets first :o . Nothing is changing my mind on the wheels, I just love them so much.

I think after getting the new wheels, the car won't be so ghetto-looking, but springs are definetely going to be changed.

BTW: golde30, I drive through LA all the time. I have yet to fall victim to any bad holes or anything *knock on wood*. I've only scraped once after the first day of driving, and it was an underestimated exit out of a driveway, I think I'm doing okay taking account of how low it is :D .
                  R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

so the H&R cup kit is not adjustable? i thought it was :?
                    '86 325

Comment

Nice car!

If it were mine, i would slap on some 18's and lower it another inch, maybe even more! ;)

-gsbadbmr

Comment

Originally posted by gsbadbmr
                        Nice car!

If it were mine, i would slap on some 18's and lower it another inch, maybe even more! ;)

-gsbadbmr
                        No thanks :P
                        R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

...that is a sick car though!

Comment

Car looks great (but I'm a little biased)!! I like the way the drop looks, but a little higher might make it more fun to drive. I'll look forward to seeing it with new rims someday. Any thought to getting black rims like Dave's old car.

I had my eye on these http://www.thewheelconnection.com/ph...&brandsearch=1
                            before I decided I can't afford rims right now. They need wheel spacers, but they're reasonably priced and look pretty light.

Comment

Working...
                            X