Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some pics from the Tail of the Dragon Drive.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

During June/July. Set up a date and I'll make arrangements to show up.
    Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
    EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
    FullOpp Stickers for sale!
    NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
    Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
    ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Ahh, the Dragon. Been on that strip of road many times. Watch out for the police in late spring and summer. When the dragon gets busy so do the cops.

Definately be vigilant in the blind turns. Ive had many a close call. Never brake in the turns. Get all of your braking done before turning in. Never cut corners unless you have a clear line of sight. Look ahead.

The dragon is VERY unforgiving of mistakes and thus commands respect.

Here are two video clips I made: This when I still had my heavily modified 1.9L Z3

In this one, the M3 in front of me expereinces a radiator failure halfway through the clip. His rear tires get coated in coolant and........watch the video to see what happens.

Comment

Whoopsie :oops:

Looks like no major damage though.... hopefully it's back on the road running strong. :)

Wow, watching those videos just make me want to go there even more..... I'm definetly showing up for the summer.
        EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

Feedback Thread

Comment

Ya the Dragon pointed out mistakes realy quickly, I learned a little driving it. On the one corner the only reason I hit the brakes is I overestimated the corner and didn't hink it's be as sharp as it was and then due to a bent wheel on my car, when I tapped the brakes the whole car shook slightly, sending the rear end around :P I'd say we Plan something in June. I'm supprised there wen't any cops out as it was pretty busy or at least the Dragon snack shop at the Begining was packed, we had to squeze are cars in between the Many many Bikes parked there.
          85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Originally posted by TIATO
            Here are two video clips I made: This when I still had my heavily modified 1.9L Z3

In this one, the M3 in front of me expereinces a radiator failure halfway through the clip. His rear tires get coated in coolant and........watch the video to see what happens.

http://www.altechcorp.com/Z3/Movies/Untitled.wmv
            GREAT videos, Mario - thanks 8)

Got any more :D ?!

Comment

damn

after watching those vids it makes me jealous. that road looks like a hella good time.
              98 M3/4/5

Comment

Nice vids!!, very nice road also, to bad is ta bit far for me
                '86 325

Comment

Small road trip.

Comment

Haha good thing you didnt lose control of the car :?
                    '86 325

Comment

Anything in late June I'm up for it. School ends the 11th of June.

Feedback Thread

Comment

Sounds like June will work. Dang I get done with school the 28th of this month 8) Then I got to start looking for my project car for this summer, as last summer I purchased an 84 318i to keep me busy. This summer I'm looking ofr a 735 or 535.

Comment

Thats not too far from me and I missed it! I live near Asheville NC. Maby next time, unforutnaly I work alot of weeknds.

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3
                            Sounds like June will work. Dang I get done with school the 28th of this month 8) Then I got to start looking for my project car for this summer, as last summer I purchased an 84 318i to keep me busy. This summer I'm looking ofr a 735 or 535.
                            i wonder why you looking for those cars in particular 8) :twisted:
                            '86 325

Comment

hum, I wonder Oh a 635 would do too but there two much in parts car condition

Comment

Working...
                              X