My Old M5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAMN...

I passed up one for $8900 about a year ago.... rebuilt engine, B+B triflow, Bilsteins etc... I hate myself

Comment

The E28 528E was the best car ever made..I want to build an E28 M5 replica, but leave the M20.
      lol.

M20 < M30

Timing belts are for girls. :pimp:
      '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Call me crazy, but did you by any chance sell it to a guy that lives here in Bend, Oregon? Tim at German Master Tech had a black E28 M5 parked in front of the shop about 6-8 months to a year ago, and said it was being sold to some local kid, and it was from Washington.

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed View Post
          Call me crazy, but did you by any chance sell it to a guy that lives here in Bend, Oregon? Tim at German Master Tech had a black E28 M5 parked in front of the shop about 6-8 months to a year ago, and said it was being sold to some local kid, and it was from Washington.
          No, I sold it to a guy local to me. I actually still talk to him, he just picked up an e30 as well. I'm surprised at the number of them floating around the NW though. Espescially considering there were less than 1500 of them shipped to US shores if I remember correctly.
          sigpicFormer professional wrench thrower.
          Current:
          1988 325is S52
          Former:
          2008 Sparkling Graphite M3 Sedan(victim of home ownership)
          1988 M5
          1996 328is

Comment

Originally posted by 325iCabrio View Post
            I used to think the E28s were ugly cars, but the more M5s (and tastefully modified E28s) I see, the more I like them. They're hard to find in my area, and I've never driven one, but I think it'd be a cool car to own.

That sucks about selling it. Who knows--maybe one day you'll buy it back.
            I feel the same way
            S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
            What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
            Originally posted by slammin.e28
            I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

Yeah, while we're on the subject of good looking E28s...

That is all.
              Trevor Ely
              '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
              '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Those pics make me miss mine even more. Lol
                sigpicFormer professional wrench thrower.
                Current:
                1988 325is S52
                Former:
                2008 Sparkling Graphite M3 Sedan(victim of home ownership)
                1988 M5
                1996 328is

Comment

O. M. G. F.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                  RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm3n528 View Post

That is all.
                    Must. Get. One.
                    Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
                    That Guy.
                    03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

Comment

That's awesome. I used to have a e28 but I wanted 2 doors. I always wonder about it though, maybe I'll run into mine some day too.

Comment

Originally posted by dirty30 View Post
                        DAMN...

I passed up one for $8900 about a year ago.... rebuilt engine, B+B triflow, Bilsteins etc... I hate myself
                        I fully reciprocate.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                        1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                        1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

I used to have a e28 but I wanted 2 doors.
                          That is the exact reason I sold my Alfa... It had 4 doors and I wanted 2. That Alfa was sick, it had Panasports, Koni Yellows, a mildly hopped up 3.0 V6, this crazy exhaust system that made it sound just like the race cars on Victory By Design (if anyone has ever seen the Alfa one...). 2610lbs without me in it and 190rwhp, and 48/52 weight distribution. I sold it and bought my Alpina-ized Euro 635CSi and missed those two extra doors...

Now I have my E28 and I love it. They look pretty bad ass from some angles, and driving them is great. Mine has 109,000 miles on it and drives (presumably) like it was brand new. It's nicer inside than my mom's 1998 Grand Prix GT, has no interior rattles, and just feels like a tank in every respect.

Comment

thats it, im gonna buy a e28 one day.. those are awesome.

Comment

Thanks for the maplight mirror by the way, its in my E28.

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed View Post
                                i tried to buy the car you're talking about, i think. it had 150k, 1 owner, it was on Mercer Island. i called on it with cash in hand ($7500 iirc) and the guy had sold it a day or two before i called.
                                Shoot, move, and communicate...

......Semper Fidelis.....

Comment

Working...
                                X