No announcement yet.

Making a track toy - E30 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car looks badass ! Great craftsmanship !

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewLang View Post
      I would do that with an E30, but not an E30 M3, looks like fun though, its just its going to get damaged and when it does I would rather it not be an M3.
      but if you start with just a regular e30 you are a step behind if you would start with e30 m3 instead.... (rack, better brakes and ability to upgrade to bigger brakes easier, selection of wheels, better looks, reinforced suspension componets and on and on)...

i say start with the best car you can and make it better / faster :p
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by drifty325i View Post
        Man thts awesome! i agree on the small air filter point
        You guys are right about the size of that air filter - I will get a bigger
        one for my engine :)
        Thordur

1999 E39 M5 Twin Supercharged
        1989 E30 M3 with S85

Comment

Originally posted by vlad View Post
          car looks badass ! Great craftsmanship !

Hopefully mine will look this good one day 8-)
          Thordur

1989 E30 M3 with S85

Comment

Forgot to show you guys my new license plate ;)

We are only allowed to use 6 letters so I had to drop the i.
            Thordur

1989 E30 M3 with S85

Comment

That is sweet!!!!!!!

Love your cars, looking forward to seeing the M3 being built!

Keep us updated!

Your M5 is nuts!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer View Post
                The E30 M3 has, heritage that the normal 3's don´t have.
                My E30 M3 wasn´t that expensive and I´ll also sell the engine&gearbox and possibly more stuff to offset costs.
                fixed that for you :) reg e30s look much better :-D

Comment

congrats! purely amazing.

Comment

Póstaðu þessu líka á www.e30tech.com Þórður. Ekki alveg jafn mikið af fýlupúkum þar eins og á r3v

E30 Mtech II powered by M30 :twisted:
                    E36 316i Mtech Compact
                    E30 3xxi dooorifto kingo

Comment

It's your car do as you like with it. But couldn't you have doen this with a 320is has pretty much the same heritage but lacks the suspension. Just a thought.

Comment

Funny purist comments,
                        Some people don´t even maintain there cars and give others shit for going beyond the norm.

S14 motors aren´t all that. I have one, and spending $15-20k for it to be 280-300hp is just stupid,
                        When for the same money you can upgrade the suspension, S50, bushings, and so on,

heritage of the E30 M3 is not the S14, they could have used a 24V M20 in there at 3.0L and 9k rpm´s ,
                        People don´t even know the history of the S14 and E30 M3,
                        Wich by the way is the biggest BMW parts bin ever made,

I will say this, I would have entertained the idea of a turbo S14 engine in there. I will say that E30 M3´s are way hotter then any other E30 and or BMW.
                        Gunni
                        @ Prodrive / Aston Martin Racing

Comment

Originally posted by gstuning View Post
                          Funny purist comments,
                          Some people don´t even maintain there cars and give others shit for going beyond the norm.

S14 motors aren´t all that. I have one, and spending $15-20k for it to be 280-300hp is just stupid,
                          When for the same money you can upgrade the suspension, S50, bushings, and so on,

heritage of the E30 M3 is not the S14, they could have used a 24V M20 in there at 3.0L and 9k rpm´s ,
                          People don´t even know the history of the S14 and E30 M3,
                          Wich by the way is the biggest BMW parts bin ever made,

I will say this, I would have entertained the idea of a turbo S14 engine in there. I will say that E30 M3´s are way hotter then any other E30 and or BMW.

Gunni you're talking out your arse again... :crazy:
                          Below the radar...

Comment

because you are THE M3 guru!!!!!! you own us all, cause you've seen my neglected car.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA a stroked M20 at 9000 rpms on a track.

nothing I said was about being a purist it was just a discussion about what he is going to do.

I live in germany, work at a BMW dealership, and am doing the equivelant of BMW step (in german) (i am a dumb american BTW) and own a E30 M3 along with a ton of reg. e30 stuff, and dont know about the heritage of my "dream" car that i own. please.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
                              because you are THE M3 guru!!!!!! you own us all, cause you've seen my neglected car.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA a stroked M20 at 9000 rpms on a track.

nothing I said was about being a purist it was just a discussion about what he is going to do.

I live in germany, work at a BMW dealership, and am doing the equivelant of BMW step (in german) (i am a dumb american BTW) and own a E30 M3 along with a ton of reg. e30 stuff, and dont know about the heritage of my "dream" car that i own. please.
                              Dear Mike,

Will you be my daddy?

:pimp:

Cheers brother... lets see some updates on the M3 progress. 8-)
                              Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by arnibjorn View Post
                                Póstaðu þessu líka á www.e30tech.com Þórður. Ekki alveg jafn mikið af fýlupúkum þar eins og á r3v
                                Geri það við tækifæri
                                Thordur

1989 E30 M3 with S85

Comment

Working...
                                X