Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first e30

Hey guys,

I finally bought my first car, a '84 325e.

I removed most of the trim to be re-painted/ powerpolished, which is why some of its missing in these pics.

Just wondering, is it hard to put plastic bumpers on this year?

oh yes, putting plastic bumpers on a pre-88 is very very difficult. though it can be done. take a look at Eurospeed's "Project Facelift" thread in appearence and cosmetic.

and nice car!

Comment

welcome to the forums and yes it can be done. I have done the Mtech 2 kit on my early body E30. Its some work but can be done. Here is the link that the above talks about. Good luck!

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Yeah, the front is easy, Just a swap of the front valence, shocks, and the bumper, the rear is what is hard. The rear valence (if desired to be part of the conversion, it is optional), needs to be welded to the original valence (which isn't much if you haven't noticed). The rear bumper needs to be shortened as well. Not easy, but possible

Your car is cleeeeeeeeean boi!
        Recent Rebranding!!
        Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
        E30 SM62/S62
        E30 M60 V8
        E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
        Instagram.com/garageaholic
        Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

I also dig Avril. For her looks, lets make that clear. Nice car man!
          Reminiscing...

Comment

Thanks guys. I think i'll hold up on the plastic bumpers untill i get it resprayed (hopefully this winter).

Comment

For the mean time you could paint your bumper's black and tuck them. I really am a fan of that look and still am bias to it over swapping to plastic's... Mostly to be unique and it makes a facelifted car more valuable;)
              -Brandon
              sigpic

Comment

looks like a clean start bud...Lower it and tuck the bumpers and you will have a beauty..not that its ugly now or anything of course.:)
                90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

lowering is on the way (the front springs need to be replaced anyway), and i have started the bumpers/ trim already;

Before:

After:

Comment

congratulations on your first car. welcome to the forum. looks like you know where you want to go with your car.
                    Originally posted by Hawt drift chick
                    Yeah, i'm a good dude i swear, i just like to be balls to the wall.

Comment

Welcome to the site!

Comment

looks like a decent project. clean engine bay too!

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
                        I also dig Avril. For her looks, lets make that clear. Nice car man!
                        hey, when you're stuck listening to the greatest hits of Chicago, John Denver, Meatloaf and Celine Dion at work, the occasional Avril song is a godsend...
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by MikeE30325i View Post
                          oh yes, putting plastic bumpers on a pre-88 is very very difficult. though it can be done. take a look at Eurospeed's "Project Facelift" thread in appearence and cosmetic.

and nice car!

Thats kinda missleading Mike, its not "very very" difficult. Its even easier when you use an aftermarket rear skirt like I did. The only hard part about the whole thing is trimming down the ends of the bumpers and the bumper trim itself. If your halfway decent at body work than its not that big of a job.

Comment

Originally posted by Silence* View Post
                            lowering is on the way (the front springs need to be replaced anyway), and i have started the bumpers/ trim already;

After:
                            nice...why not go ahead and paint the whole bumper black...looks much better IMO :D

Comment

Originally posted by formula driver View Post
                              Thats kinda missleading Mike, its not "very very" difficult. Its even easier when you use an aftermarket rear skirt like I did. The only hard part about the whole thing is trimming down the ends of the bumpers and the bumper trim itself. If your halfway decent at body work than its not that big of a job.
                              Lucky for me, my dad used to do bodywork at maaco, so he can do it for me easily.

Comment

Working...
                              X