Just introducing myself and my beater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just introducing myself and my beater

Hi everyone, I've been browsing for a couple weeks now and tonight I decided to introduce myself on the forums. I work at the local VW dealer in Charleston, SC and me and a friend of mine traded cars, this is what I got...

Sadly though, he took the Fittipaldi's with him and I got this...

It's a 1984 318i with a perfect looking interior, a rat's nest of a stereo install, tucked bumpers, cut stock springs, and a dead starter. He had already bought a used starter so we put it on and it started right up. I've been driving it for about 3 months now and I enjoy more and more every day. In that time I've done a few things to it.
    First things first I rewired this hell hole...

Then I cleaned up the front bumper trim, put in a different cluster, replaced the shifter bushings, switched out to some more comfortable springs, and got rid of the awful purple tint it had on it. For christmas I drove to visit my parents in Charlotte, NC and on the way the driver's side rear tire let go of the entire tread pattern at 70mph. it ripped off a piece of my side molding and logged itself in the rear bumper trim. :shock: Later on I fixed the bumper trim and it looks just as decent as it did before. Last month I heard about another E30 nearby that somebody wanted to get rid of. Instead of buying the one for $100, I ended up buying 2 for $400. :D The first one was a mess but it was a 1986 325es that had a lot of stuff I wanted. I got it towed to the shop and went to town on it.

In case you missed it, the car came with these...

BBS RS001's! My favorite wheels ever. They're 15x7 which I hope to change to 16x8 and 9 in the future. Anyway, I cleaned them up and mounted them on some spare 15" tires and switched them out.

The tires look awful, like balloons, but it's OK for now I suppose.
    Before I got rid of the Bronzit beater, I spent a night switching out the rear trailing arms, now I've got a nice set of rear disc to compliment the wheels, the old rusty drums it had before were terrible. A few days later I switched the power sunroof components onto my blue 318i. I also took the LSD which I plan to put in soon when I find the time.

The second car I got for the $400 is a 1987 325e with a brand new black paint job and no interior. At the moment I don't have any pictures of it but as soon as I get it towed here I'll get right on it. I got some of the interior that was left from the Bronzit car that I plan to use to clean it up.

My plans for my blue one are an M30 swap and Mtech exterior. I really like the Saphirblau color but it definitely needs a paint job(I've only taken pictures of the driver's side because the passenger's front fender has been replaced and is bare rusty metal.) :-| I found a 88 735il with a perfect looking M30 and a 635csi with a good Manual trans, I just need to save up some cash for it. If anyone needs an 87 325e or an 86 eta motor with trans and accessories, shoot me a PM. The motor turns over fine but I couldn't start it as an opossum nested in the original wiring, heh. I imagine you guy's will be hearing more from me but that's all I have for now. I apologize for such a long winded first post.
    Last edited by Ronjon; 02-24-2007, 07:49 PM. Reason: Messed up IMG code

Nice mate, welcome. wheels mmmm yum
    sigpic340hp V8 e30 FINISHED!!!!!
    Quick vid for ya ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp5Eaf8xOgM
    NEW One on the track :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-AX5SzSLnk
    Cleaning up some 911s and Jap turbos
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad79wsLdle4

Comment

Too bad you couldnt of kept the original wheels..they were illin..but the car looks pretty good and the work looks even better!
      -Brandon
      sigpic

Comment

I definatelty like the blue. Have fun.

Comment

Ghetto fab.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and I also forgot to mention I recently received this in the mail!

(Not me btw)

Comment

Car doesn't look that bad at all. After the 1st three pics my post changed, The original would've went like this, " Sell me your wheels asap", But then after I read the owner kept them I said woops.
              92 Granite Silver Vert
              M60B40 5spd

Comment

Dude, is that Mtech??
                primer grey from BMW?
                Slicktop City!

Comment

Yes sir, brand new never mounted. Even has the gaskets and hardware for the brake ducts in the bag. :D

Comment

Wow! Lucky!
                    I wasn't aware that you could buy parts like that new anymore.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Ebay ftw! I'll probably end up buying the rest used but I figured its the most vulnerable thing, I wanted it to be in as good a condition as possible.

Comment

Nice stuff, especially like the rs001's. Keep us up to date on the build.

Are 16" BBS rs parts interchangeable?
                        Last edited by Eurospec; 02-24-2007, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Here's a good reference site for RS and RM's that I'm sure a lot of people might be familiar with...

BBS Wide Wheel Lip FAQ

On the bottom of the page he mentions that 4x100 center sections are the same for 15" and 16" I'm not sure about any other bolt patterns, but since mine are 4x100 I don't need to be. :p
                          In the end I'll be turning a set of RS001's into RS003's, something like this...

Cheers for the best wheels ever! ;)
                          Last edited by Ronjon; 02-25-2007, 01:54 PM. Reason: linking error

Comment

Originally posted by Ronjon View Post

.. makes me want a set even more.

Comment

Welcome!!

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                              1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                              1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Working...
                              X