Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just another stock 325i

Havent posted pics of my car before, here they are
    bought it a year ago off a mechanic who wanted to scrap it, since the tranny was done. Me being the man I am made him an offer of $100 nad he accepted. Since then:
    Changed transmission: auto(fuck I thought it'be more decent, never drove auto e30's before I got mines in)
    New metal: front valance, front doors, front fenders, sunroof
    new paintjob (shity)
    replaced the interior with leather ( now looking for sports seats for front)
    new exhaust
    rebuilt rack and pinion
    a bunch of other new shit that I cant remember, including most of the front suspension, except struts and springs, and a lot of other stuff
    runs like a dream with 360km on the clock(new head for the summer)

these are the rims I have, they are 17x8 but fitting them will be a bitch, but for some reason I really want to go ahead with it. They are a saab bolt pattern 5x110 so im looking for a place to redrill them right now) also need to measure them in and out to figure what spacers, centering rings ill need, etc.(not the picture of my rims, but Im too lazy to go through the pile of shit in my garage to dig them out)
    btw this is my 3rd e30, 1st 2 were 86, 87 325 2drs( i miss eta, or possibly its the stick shift that I miss)
    Attached Files

btw how do I get the actual picks to show, not the links?

Comment

You need to host them on a different site and use the [img] tags.

Nice looking car, great find for $100.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

You have to load them to an image hosting website like photobucket then use image tags ( [IMG]http://..your URL here... [/IMG ] ) to link the picture to the message window.
        You can also search this website for more help linking pictures.

Great job, I'm always in favor of E30s being rescued from the scrap yard.

Comment

Painted bottlecaps. haha im running the same thing. :D

Comment

if the tranny was bad why did you put another auto in? the manual swap isn't very hard..

anyway it's still a very clean car for $100. good job!
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

R3V has image hosting. I just learned how to use it last night...pretty easy.

Then click on upload!

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                if the tranny was bad why did you put another auto in? the manual swap isn't very hard..

anyway it's still a very clean car for $100. good job!
                I never drove e30 autos before and when I bought thre car the tranny was toast, as far as im concerned right now, e30 automatic transissions are just poorly engenered, or maybe really outdated, its slow and dumb. And I was not expecting it to be that way, I found out how it is after I already put it in, otherwise I would have put in a 5spd. I might still do it this summer....if im not too lazy to go ahead with it...a have a tranny its just a bitch to get it out.
                As for the $100...thats the initial price...overall it came up to about 2000, so I cant tell if it was really worth the effort, but it sure was rewarding. +It got many new parts for the money which isnt bad

Comment

Working...
                X