1988 M3 Hennarot Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 M3 Hennarot Red

I might end up buying this car. Its a 1988 M3, hennarot red(!!!!!). It has the M5 wheels on it now and about $1k damage in the front fender and door hinge area.

Price hasn't been decided yet, but I'm debating this car over a 1997 M3 for $13k (74k miles).
    e30
    100.00%
    e36
    0.00%
    Current BMW's:
    2004 330Ci
    1986 European 325i cabrio
    1986 735i

Previous BMW's:
    1989 325is RIP
    1989 325iX RIP
    2001 740iL RIP

you're on an E30 forum, of course the E30 M3 poll will win.

E36 M3 = weakness to the max
    My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

I don't really dig the styling of any E36. If you take the badge off, most people probably wouldn't be able to identify it as a BMW.
      Originally posted by Gruelius
      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

I dunno about that. I've driven the e36 M3, pulls hard as hell and really grips the corners. e30 M3 is a higher rev to get decent pull.

e36 M3 74k
        e30 M3 136k, but hennarot red (confirmed through dealer by VIN)
        Shop Genuine, OE, OEM and aftermarket BMW car parts online for DIY and enthusiasts at the best price with free shipping on all orders over $99!
        Current BMW's:
        2004 330Ci
        1986 735i

Previous BMW's:
        1989 325is RIP
        1989 325iX RIP
        2001 740iL RIP

Comment

of course the E36 is going to pull harder 240hp via a 6 cylinder ;)

Based on your initial reactions, I say the E36 M3 is for you. I think you're missing the point of the E30 M3.
          Chris
          90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

I like both, but the E30 M3 is infinitely cooler and far more rare. I see E36 M3s all the time, I've only seen one E30 M3 in town, like two years ago.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Well, I can tell you this. I've driven E36 M3's and become bored behind the wheel.

Never once have I been bored behind the wheel of an E30 M3. You can't truly appreciate that car until you drive it. I mean drive it. When postmaster got his, I was the first one to drive it. We took it up the road to the local ski resort. 16 miles of heaven. It was the best driving experience in my life.

If you know me, then you know I have driven enough nice/fast cars for that to carry some weight.

Originally posted by cramer
              Based on your initial reactions, I say the E36 M3 is for you. I think you're missing the point of the E30 M3.
              Zing.
              My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

I just don't know about resale value. There are a lot of M3's in my area. I've seen quite a few e30 M3's in the Cleveland area and the car I'm looking at also has at least $1k in damage to it.

The car was hit up against a garage wall. The door closes, but not well. The top of the door sits open. The lines match up perfect every where else. The hood hasn't been damaged and the fender didn't move toward the hood. Also, the fender weld by the top of the unibody is intact.

I dunno, just seems like it might be more than I want to put in it. I could probably get it for $10k -$12k, then have to put at least $1k-3k in getting it mint again.

Thats why I'm debating the e36.
                Current BMW's:
                2004 330Ci
                1986 735i

Previous BMW's:
                1989 325is RIP
                1989 325iX RIP
                2001 740iL RIP

Comment

e30 for sure...they are sexier lighter and sexier....plus e36 feel real heavy when you drive them, but they are pretty damn fast

Comment

I've owned a red E36 M3 (88 4 door). It either had it all, or nothing, depending on your view. It was a nice size (3 in back seat), had nice power, was a comfortable daily driver, had a nice sport look. On the other hand, it was no street racer, nor was it a luxury sedan. sometimes I felt like a bit of a wanna be in it.

Never owned the E30 m3, can't say, but I will say my M6 really fills in the gaps - very classy, very fast. Young and old ask about it. Lots of red ones out there too (not mine though)!
                    A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do- Walter Gagehot

Comment

I definately would rather have a 74k E36 m3 than THAT e30 m3
                      BEERTECH

Comment

Both cars have their pluses and minuses, the e30 is much more fun to drive through the corners and can even have decent straightline speed with some mods, but will still need to be revved high to get the speed going.
                        The e36 isn't a bad car by any means, it just serves a different purpose. If this will be your daily commuter car, then the e36 is a very appealing choice for the better lowend tq and is more comfortable when just putt putting around town. You really can't appreciate the e30's qualities unless you're driving it hard.

Personally I think both cars look good, and I'm actually in the process of getting an e36 325is to get me to work and school so I won't have to keep putting the miles on my e30. The e30 m3 is not the most fun car to drive when you're always in stop and go traffic and can't enjoy its qualities.

'05 E46 M3 Imolarot/Cinnamon - CURRENT
                        '98 E36 M3 Estorilblau/Dove - SOLD
                        '90 E30 M3 Brilliantrot/Black - SOLD
                        SRS BSNS Motorsports - 24hrs of LeMons Racer

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                          I definately would rather have a 74k E36 m3 than THAT e30 m3
                          yea.
                          173rd ABN

Comment

ouch, thats a pretty popular spot to get hit, my friends eta just got hit there, some freshman pulled into the packing spot and wham, pretty expensive to get it fixed too, havent heard the estimates, but he said they were pretty high.

I would choose the e30, just because im biased to the e30 and love the way the look.

The e36 would seem to be more of a reliable daily driver, but who said you cant drive an e30 every day?

Go with the e30 if the price is right and you get it fixed correctly!

kyle
                            1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
                            DILLIGAF

Comment

Originally posted by LikeCDoos
                              e30 for sure...they are sexier lighter and sexier....
                              and sexier...

Comment

Working...
                              X