My new interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new interior

Unfortunatly I got the seats home from the trimmers and put my back out straight away but with the assistance of my long suffering wife I was able to get the back and drivers seat in. Will put the passenger seat in a bit later on.

About a year ago a found some original Evo3 Mtechnik cloth door trims on ebay. I loved them so much I tracked down a roll of cloth to do my seats in as well. About a month ago I found some recaro sports seats and snapped them. I am still waiting on new handles and a few bits of trim from BMW but here is the end result.

I also took the opportunity while most of the interior was out of the car to dye the roof linning black. I had heard mixed reports about how well spraying it in the car came out but I am really pleased with the result. Removing a refitiing is 2 days work so this was really the only option.

I also spruced up the intrument cluster a bit.

what did you do to the instrument cluster? just paint the dials?

Comment

Where did you find the little ///M to go over the check light? Is that one of the little inserts out of an M3 cluster?

And that first pic of your seats literally dropped my jaw.

Comment

I WANT THOSE SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEATS!

Ugh.
        Reminiscing...

Comment

Did you have those done professionally? The black trim doesn't look that great (read: wrinkles)
          Originally posted by Gruelius
          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

B E A Utiful!
            Dan Zickel
            1995 M3, 1991 318iS, 1987 325iS

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat View Post
              Did you have those done professionally? The black trim doesn't look that great (read: wrinkles)
              I noticed the same, but didn't really pay it much attention. They look great, regardless.

Comment

Very classy
                sigpic340hp V8 e30 FINISHED!!!!!
                Quick vid for ya ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp5Eaf8xOgM
                NEW One on the track :)
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-AX5SzSLnk
                Cleaning up some 911s and Jap turbos
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad79wsLdle4

Comment

HOLY SHIT!

I spray painted my headliner black as well, with vinyl & clothe dye. With enough coats from various spraying angles, it came out awesome. Best interior mod I ever did.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

I painted the needles and put the ///M logo in the check light. I got the logo on ebay awhile ago, it's a bit different to the proper M3 setup as it has a normal check light with the M logo above but I think it looks good.

The seats are quite rare early E30 recaros, when I found them they had some nasty Alpina cloth on them:

The seats were trimmed professionally, I was a bit concerned about the wrinkles in the leather but I am assured over time they will settle somewhat. As with anything like this there will always be a few niggles to live with.

PS: I still have the Alpina cloth and a brown houndstooth M3 rear seat skin if anyone is interested. Freight from OZ prob won't be cheap tho.

Comment

How long ago did you get the ///M badge for the cluster? I was previously using one of the little wheel badges, which fits fine, but that one looks better. Do you have a link to the auction?

Comment

Looks great man. A+
                        :: PNW Crew ::
                        '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                          How long ago did you get the ///M badge for the cluster? I was previously using one of the little wheel badges, which fits fine, but that one looks better. Do you have a link to the auction?
                          Ages ago, will have a look but don't like your chances.

Comment

Better picture, Passemger seat installed with all handles, plastic etc..

Comment

Purrrrrrty fabric and upholstery work looks top notch!

Comment

Working...
                              X