• Show
Clear All

I'm back on the Ts now. **Updated: More Pics** 56k :(

ET20 OWNZ

BEFORE WITH A SLAMMED REAR

Here is what 205/60-15's & E30 M3 CA bushings will do to a fender liner:

RUBBING = HELLA ANNOYING!

I had many reasons to put them back on:
    1) I was planning on selling them and buying 205/55-15 ES100's ($450), and I was getting offers for much more than that......so keeping the tires I have is a good idea.
    2) I couldn't sell them.....
    3) Rubbing sucks
    4) Oversize, bubbly tires suck
    5) Higher drive ratio sucks

I'll use the C's next year, when these 16" tires are burnt up. Sell the T's and use that $$ to buy proper tires. Maybe 225s with spacers or something......

I think the stance was perfect with the larger tires, but now the rear is too high, and the ffront should be taken down a bit. With .7in less diameter......the car is relatively lifted now.

yep Et-20 owns, The metal on the rear inside edge of the passenger wheel wheel is rubbed shiny silver. I don't have any fender liners so I don't have that rubbing issue. Looks a lot better without the slammed rear :D
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Hey Rob, I think the Ts look great. Better than the others, imo. :up:

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

Re: I'm back on the Ts now.

Originally posted by rwh11385

I had many reasons to put them back on:
        1) I was planning on selling them and buying 205/55-15 ES100's ($450), and I was getting offers for much more than that......so keeping the tires I have is a good idea.
        2) I couldn't sell them.....

BEERTECH

Comment

Oops. Typo......wasn't. I actually make that error a lot when typing.......

I couldn't really sell them for enough to rationalize it. Therefore, the best course of action is to use up these tires. The opportunity cost of selling the wheels now rather than later is $450, the cost of new tires for the C's. The benefit of selling them was minimial.

Comment

:P
            BEERTECH

Comment

I think I'll be back with some more pics this afternoon.....the driveway is sloped, so the ride height is skewed.

On second look, the front is just above the tire.....no tuck....barely. The rear fender too is just above the tire, but a little tuck in the back might look good. I am a fan of a little rake though. Call me EURHOOOO I guess.

Comment

Those look great on there. Makes me wish I would have kept mine and put them on my sedan. What width are those? They sit in more than mine did on the front.

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
                1989 325iC M50 Vert
                1989 325i Coupe
                1991 318is
                1995 318ti Club Sport
                2006 330i e90
                2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

Thanks. I think it's good though you got rid of one of the sets in your "collection"

16x7.5.

You know, maybe I was imagining things on the basketweaves, or just thinking they were lighter make my car seem faster......but these T's don't feel that heavy. Of course, it'd probably coming off of some massively oversized tires, and a longer final drive......but still.....the car is fast. Plus, I dig the width.

Comment

The T's look a lot better than the C's.

Better save up more money so you can pay a shop to adjust your ride height again :roll:

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

I just had him put in the springs while he was aligning it. It allowed him to check out the camber and any other issues too. Plus, I was on Spring Break, and too busy to do it myself. (I could have called off work.....but that would have cost me too.... in retrospect, I might have done it differently......but it was worth getting them in)

I'll adjust them sometime, I just need a free afternoon......like not today. I have to write a fucking 750 word paper on a book I didn't read. Anyone have Madame Bovary passages? :? It blows.

Before I start on that, I took some pictures:

Lighting really sucks in some (if not all).......

Comment

First and foremost, fuck economics. Other than that, the car looks good, just needs a lil drop :up:
                        -Ted

Comment

beautiful car man... looking real good

Comment

looks good. Makes me want a set on my car.

Comment

where do you buy type t's these days?
                              173rd ABN

Comment

Working...
                              X