shadowline and tint opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shadowline and tint opinions

So many of you have recommended shadowline and window tint on my car...I've seen cars where the window trim is completely blacked out and cars where just the inside trim is blacked out, leaving a chrome border...I like the latter, but thought I'd ask for opinions.

Also how dark should I go with my windows that wouldn't be blatantly illegal? Thanks.
    sigpic
    An unlucky E30 I came across in Rotterdam, Holland

check with your state but on average it is 30%. Are u in the us BTW?
    sigpic

Comment

it's really not very hot around here, so you'd probably be fine with 30%. I keep thinking about tinting my windows but I don't really like the way it looks.. plus I love my visibility.

as far as shadowline, the later cars have the black trim on the inside with chrome on the outside. I would do that at the very least - esp. if your chrome is all oxidized and nasty looking like mine was.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        it's really not very hot around here, so you'd probably be fine with 30%. I keep thinking about tinting my windows but I don't really like the way it looks.. plus I love my visibility.

as far as shadowline, the later cars have the black trim on the inside with chrome on the outside. I would do that at the very least - esp. if your chrome is all oxidized and nasty looking like mine was.
        Yea I'm not too sure about tint either...I'll just roll my windows down if it's hot. I love the northwest breeze in the summertime. I'll definitely shadowline the inside part of the window trim though. Going to do that next weekend.

Hey what do you guys think of these Startec euro tail lights? You think they would look nice on my car?
        Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

One your white m-tech right? If so, I think that all reds would look the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post
            One your white m-tech right? If so, I think that all reds would look the best.
            yeah on the m-tech. Check out the rough photoshop job moonsspoon did to give an idea of what it would look with a drop, shadowline, and smoked tails...

sigpic

Comment

Startecs are awesome, go for it.
              Reminiscing...

Comment

Working...
              X