89 iX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

89 iX

last month i bought my first e30...i always wanted one and my friend founf me this beautiful 1989 325iX , 5spd, 230,000 miles and i needed to buy it so i did....i know i need to put some work in it and i am fairly new to this car thing so any suggestions would be awesome...

whats the lowest iX anyones seen?
    sigpic

Originally Said by Bob Marley
    "BMW make pure trouble!"

i have seen an ix pretty low.

but you should rally it.

jk.

nice starting point. certainly better than some people on this forum, including myself.

Comment

Dave (DrMcDave) has the most modded iX out there. Search under that name and you'll be surprised.

Not saying its the best, but E30Tech has a section dedicated to just the iX model, you can find tons of info here and there as well. What are your plans for the car?
      Reminiscing...

Comment

yea def hit up e30 tech is drmcdaveis car the silver one with the nogaro weaves?
        Originally posted by ebelements
        Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

clean ix. the ix section on e30tech is definitely a good place to start.. I'd also join the yahoo group "thebmw325ixclub."
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

wow..yea i tried e30tech and i think since i have a yahoo email they wont let me join i was reading alot of the info... i wanted to put a set of 5 lug rimson it but everyone tells me thats impossible...then i definitly wanted to lower it....i need to paint it....i just want it to look good and maybe put an e36 m3 engine inside...yea..how much do those go for?
            sigpic

"BMW make pure trouble!"

Comment

originally i wanted to get a 4door iX, but the only one i found was a beautiful white one, (with less mileage than this one), but it was automatic and bmw and all these mechanics were like you dont reeally wanna swthc the tranny, so i settled with this two door fellow...but i do love it..anyway i eventually probly will sell this one to get a 4door..than i wanna get a convertible...and would love to find the e30 333i...anyone ever see one or here of one in the states...i guess there from south africa, but i have a friend from there and he's only heard of the 330i..so who knows?
              sigpic

"BMW make pure trouble!"

Comment

have fun trying to put an E36m3 motor in there.. it can be done, but not without a lot of work. there's a thread on e30 tech that details an M50 swap if you really want to do that. but it would be a lot easier to just turbo the motor that you already have..

oh yeah, the 5 speed swap is really simple. but whatever, you already got your car..
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                X