pics of the x5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pics of the x5

I recently got an 01' 4.4i x5 for the daily driver... this is to replace my currently f/s 95 m3 (If anyone is interested or wants details let me know!). I've been under the hood of the m3instaling alpha-n, CF Box, new brake master cylinder, and taking it apart for repaint - so I thought I'd go take some pictures of a car that isn't in pieces! The car is still kinda dirty - I have not had time to get too nasty with the paint as my other project is currently eating a LOT of the car-related time that I have. Hopefully soon I can go find a location that has some better colors that will make the pictures look better and provide better contrast for decent shots. The car has:
    -sport package
    -winter package
    -pdc
    -8in screens in headrests
    -19in. wheels
    -xenons
    -clear lenses
    - lots more that I can't list as the option list was long on this thing

Car will have shortly:
    -m3 steering wheel with SMG
    -Sub
    -MAYBE yellow lights
    -PS2/3

This is my first venture into "ICE" for a car (Everything else has been go-fast oriented)... so we'll see how much I actually give a shit about it...
    Anyway, here are the pics from today - a beautiful late spring afternoon in the PNW.

Have a good memorial day fella's....
    PNW Crew
    90 m3
    06 m5

SWEET, SOMe iS wheels would look sick

or some 20" bbs rimz
    sigpic

Comment

looks nice, is it fun to drive? you know, for an suv.

Comment

Nice kiddie hauler, Ted. ;)
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Looks really nice... I've been thinking about selling my truck (03 GMC Sierra), and getting one of these... but I like to hook up a trailer every now and then..

I noticed it's got a trailer package, have you or will you be towing anything with it? Would be nice to have a nice looking SUV you can actually tow with....

What's that 4.4 like? On fuel that is....

Later,
          Mark

Comment

Originally posted by SnowFiend View Post
            looks nice, is it fun to drive? you know, for an suv.
            yeah - with the 4.4 it moves pretty good and handles very well - compared to a jeep or anything like that it's a sports car.
            PNW Crew
            90 m3
            06 m5

Comment

Originally posted by thectrlguy View Post
              Looks really nice... I've been thinking about selling my truck (03 GMC Sierra), and getting one of these... but I like to hook up a trailer every now and then..

I noticed it's got a trailer package, have you or will you be towing anything with it? Would be nice to have a nice looking SUV you can actually tow with....

What's that 4.4 like? On fuel that is....

Later,
              Mark
              I'm getting 15.1 on regular around town. It's pretty good, honestly. It's about $70 to fill it and that goes for about 10 days for me. It's a 24 gallon tank.

I have not towed anything yet but I'm pretty sure it's good to 4000 lbs. That was one of my main incentives for this car - I can now tow the e30.

@Ken - not even funny :)
              PNW Crew
              90 m3
              06 m5

Comment

Those rims don't look half bad! Sweet truck man!

Comment

Why are you selling the M3?

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

^
                    need more room...

I leave my house M-F at about 7:15 and don't come back until after six at night. In the process I have class, practice, work, workouts, ect... so I have to bassically pack for many different activities each day. I couldn't hardly get a backpack, golf bag, and shag bag in the trunk of the m3. Much less the workout bag, school bag, books, etc. Now it all fits nicely in the back hatch.

Plus I can tow the e30 and have a fighting chance at driving others around.

Finally, and I can't lie about it, I felt like a poseur driving the e36. My e30 m3 is balls out for performance. I've made an effort reduce most everything I don't need and refine the performance as far as I can. It's pretty purpose built at this point. The e36 just feels like a juiced up family sedan with phenomenal breaking capability and reasonable acceleration - not a true performance car. I'm not gonna lie. It's not a bad car, and it will make someone happy, but being weened off of e30's and several e30 m3's it just didn't ever really do it for me.
                    PNW Crew
                    90 m3
                    06 m5

Comment

^ I hear ya on that one, after an e30 M3 with mods there is nothing else that can match the feeling
                      Brian
                      89 M3 2.5 - 91 318iS - 91 325iX - 06 X5 4.8iS - 03 525i Touring - Some 91 850s, and a few parts cars...

Comment

Working...
                      X