No announcement yet.

Rear plastic bumper on..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tell you, with good instructions to follow, its not very hard. But it should really be given a lot of time. You really want it to look like it came that way from the factory. I had the entire front end apart last friday and test fit the front bumper. It didnt fit very well and I had gaps for some reason. The two big bolts that hold the bumper to the shocks are frozen and in my attempt to remedy it today I broke the bolts off inside the mount. My next move is trying a drill press.

While I had the bumper on the car I mounted the 'is' airdam. The spoiler has about an inch lip to it at the very top, and pretty much all of it was sticking out. It is possible that I could cut down the sides, and relocate the mounting positions, but I just don't want to chop up my spoiler. So it looks like ill be going with the new style airdam. Unfortunately due to set-backs and a lack of front airdamn it will probably be a few more weeks until everything is done. Thanks for all the comments.
    Old and improved:

Comment

Damn, that looks awesome. Gotta do that to mine now ;).

'86 325 2.8i stroker - Arctic Blue
      '11 328i Sports Wagon - LeMans Blue
      Strictly Eta

Comment

Originally posted by Fred
        I've got one for sale, Fred. Great shape, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred
          Yea man. Are you thinking of using the Racing dynamics rear with your bumpers? Or are you going to get another one? The RD takes a little bit of work to fit nicely, but I can try to write up some instructions on how I got mine to fit. Let me know.
          Old and improved:

Comment

Originally posted by EtaSport
            Yea man. Are you thinking of using the Racing dynamics rear with your bumpers? Or are you going to get another one? The RD takes a little bit of work to fit nicely, but I can try to write up some instructions on how I got mine to fit. Let me know.
            Dunno. I'll probably reuse the apron, but I won't be doing it for awhile since next up on my mod list is 5-lug (after that comes body work). If you could write up some directions, that would be awesome...just drop me an email once you do it. Thanks man :D.

'86 325 2.8i stroker - Arctic Blue
            '11 328i Sports Wagon - LeMans Blue
            Strictly Eta

Comment

Working...
            X