• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, Rohan is awesome!

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
    Holy shit, so you went through Rohan?!

Awesome man!

I had him do a couple of odds and ends for me...basically shit that I just wouldn't stand to do myself.

Car looks great, and I'm sure it will be tough as a tank!

Comment

Originally posted by aworthybrother View Post
      Thank you. WIll be doing it soon. Im starting to save the money for it.

Any suggestions for the suspension?
      There are about a thousand people that will probably tell you to slam the car to the ground on coilovers. Personally I drive my car off-road on occasion, so I wouldnt do that.

If you dont mind the stock ride height, I'd say go with the H&R sport suspension. I know a few guys have it and it is great for street driving. The drop is about perfect in my opinion, and the handling is much better than stock.

Heck really the stock M3 springs arent that bad for a slight drop and slight increase in performance.

Comment

any specific year or part number for the M3 springs? im still confused if im getting a used M3 spring which is most probably old like what i have or get an H&R sport.

Originally posted by rThor432 View Post
        There are about a thousand people that will probably tell you to slam the car to the ground on coilovers. Personally I drive my car off-road on occasion, so I wouldnt do that.

If you dont mind the stock ride height, I'd say go with the H&R sport suspension. I know a few guys have it and it is great for street driving. The drop is about perfect in my opinion, and the handling is much better than stock.

Heck really the stock M3 springs arent that bad for a slight drop and slight increase in performance.

Comment

any specific year or part number for the M3 springs? im still confused if im getting a used M3 spring which is most probably old like what i have or get an H&R sport.
          Check out S14.net for the springs. Sometimes they pop up for sale here too. You can get 60k-100k springs for about $100 shipped. That is the general going rate for them and the average range of miles on them.

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by rThor432 View Post
            Check out S14.net for the springs. Sometimes they pop up for sale here too. You can get 60k-100k springs for about $100 shipped. That is the general going rate for them and the average range of miles on them.

Comment

Thanks for all your comment!

- Thank you. I will follow your advice. it sounds good. another reason why i bought this is to save some money on the gas. My 2001 cherokee is like 16miles/gallon verus 25miles/gallon on the e30.

- Thanks! I hope she will last for another 3-5 years (being driven on a daily basis) I hope. I have a feeling she will.

- Thank you for your comment. There's just nothing much to expect csometic wise but who ever drives it will appreciate it.

- I bought the car for $1,200. The total costs for the maintenance (parts & labor) is around $3,500. The other expenses that were not needed but good to have is the short shifter, car detailing, the rims and tires for replacing the old worn bottlecaps (i am selling it), and US ellipsoids. My idea is to have something that will drive me to work (80 miles/day) for the next couple of years. Hope the $$$ i spent will make the car last for 3-5 years. It has approximately 145,000 miles now.
              keep the bottlecaps and mount snow tires on them if you'll be driving the car year round.

1991 330is

Comment

u headin up to bear mtn?^
                Originally posted by ebelements
                Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

sorry i can't... have to work this sunday... you guys enjoy.

Originally posted by sticksdaman View Post
                  u headin up to bear mtn?^

Comment

Hi guys! I’m planning to buy an E30 soon. aworthbrother, that’s an excellent job. Rohan seems to be a great mechanic for that. Does he exclusively repair BMW vehicles? Or could also work with a Mercedes? I still have a Mercedes and planning to get some stuff done with it before I give it to my younger brother, especially with the Mercedes Benz Distributor Rotor and Brakes replacement. And of course, when I get the E30, I’d love to give it some cleaning, maybe a good mechanic could work it out with me. :)

Comment

He's actually working at Midas now and works with all different cars. I will PM you his contact info.

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                      Hi guys! I’m planning to buy an E30 soon. aworthbrother, that’s an excellent job. Rohan seems to be a great mechanic for that. Does he exclusively repair BMW vehicles? Or could also work with a Mercedes? I still have a Mercedes and planning to get some stuff done with it before I give it to my younger brother, especially with the Mercedes Benz Distributor Rotor and Brakes replacement. And of course, when I get the E30, I’d love to give it some cleaning, maybe a good mechanic could work it out with me. :)

Comment

PM sent.

Thanks a lot! ;)

Comment

Working...
                        X