Here is my baby!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by God View Post
    I didn't register for posting until now because my English could be a helluva lot better, but I'm working on this!
    haha you're english is better than 3/4 of the primary english speakers here.

Comment

Yiasou Patioti, Apo pio meros tis elathas are you from? Peloponisos Nomos Eleas here. Welcome aboard .

Comment

but all of the cheaper sprays I've ever tried are even worse! And smell like...well, very bad.

I'll check to see if I can find Windex stuff here, thanks for the tip!
        Here in amerika when something smells bad, we say "it smells like ASS"

Comment

Originally posted by BmwEvoSport View Post
          Yiasou Patioti, Apo pio meros tis elathas are you from? Peloponisos Nomos Eleas here. Welcome aboard .
          Yiasou Patrida!

I live in Athens but I'm a Cretan. :)

Originally posted by SandyEggoE30Girl View Post
          Here in amerika when something smells bad, we say "it smells like ASS"
          I know but I'm a gentleman. Well, most of the time!
          It's not an old car. It's an old friend.

Comment

To each his own, there are parts you cant get there you can get here. So it seemed wise to get them recovered, but maybe all black. interested to see an m40 probably close or about the same as an m42. sweet ride though kudos

Comment

I like where your going with the stitched panels, sorta an e36 lux pacage thing, but the red doesn't do it for me. I love those wheels too.
              My e30 and e28 are both up for sale::

Delphin/Pearl Beige Cabrio- 5 speed
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...04#post1205404

Alpine/Cardinal-5 speed
              http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...1#post14192741

Comment

Originally posted by matthew-mayhem View Post
                To each his own, there are parts you cant get there you can get here. So it seemed wise to get them recovered, but maybe all black. interested to see an m40 probably close or about the same as an m42. sweet ride though kudos

An M40 is nearly the same with the M42, but it's a SOHC 8v engine with a timing belt and less power.

1.6 = 102HP
                1.8 = 113HP

Mine is about 140HP after a lot of mods.

Here is the engine:

And this is my best achievement with it!

Last edited by God; 08-13-2007, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Should have warmed your engine up before running it like that. Tsk tsk.

Nice car. And what an odd engine. So I guess the M40 is really more like an evolution of the M10? Or is it like an M10 head on an M42 block?

Comment

Originally posted by rThor432 View Post
                    Should have warmed your engine up before running it like that. Tsk tsk.

Nice car. And what an odd engine. So I guess the M40 is really more like an evolution of the M10? Or is it like an M10 head on an M42 block?
                    Oh I couldn't, bad thermostat at the time. The oil was warm enough though. :)

Yeah the M40 is the evolution step between the M10 and M43. Practically it is an M43 but with a belt instead of a chain. It was meant to be the first motronic ECU controlled factory catalytic 4-cylinders from BMW in EU. More like the 'high-tech' enviromental evolution of a M10 with much lower emissions and better mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by God
                      Here is my baby
                      ?

Kudos on Airco.. i just got done installing factory A/C in my M40 318ic

140 HP
                      I call bullshit. I takes big money to get an M40 up to 140hp (bore to 1.9L for starters)...

Welcome
                      Julien
                      Build Threads:
                      Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by redbull 325is View Post
                        ?

Kudos on Airco.. i just got done installing factory A/C in my M40 318ic

I call bullshit. I takes big money to get an M40 up to 140hp (bore to 1.9L for starters)...

Welcome
                        Julien

Nice pic. :D

141.2HP on a dyno. No bore, I went another way, but who said it didn't take big money anyway? :(

An M43 1.9 motor from an early E46 would be better and even cost lower here than making the M40 an 1.9. And who would go with a 1.9 when you can make it a 2.1 the same way anyway? :D

Thanks. :)

Comment

Nice pic. :D

141.2HP on a dyno. No bore, I went another way, but who said it didn't take big money anyway? :(

An M43 1.9 motor from an early E46 would be better and even cost lower here than making the M40 an 1.9. And who would go with a 1.9 when you can make it a 2.1 the same way anyway? :D

Thanks. :)
                          share the specs? I guess other than a full exhaust, hot cam, eeprom and some port and polishing on the head what is there?

I'm thinking of just doing an m42 swap (i have to stay 4cyl)
                          Thanks
                          Julien
                          Build Threads:
                          Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by redbull 325is View Post
                            share the specs? I guess other than a full exhaust, hot cam, eeprom and some port and polishing on the head what is there?

I'm thinking of just doing an m42 swap (i have to stay 4cyl)
                            Thanks
                            Julien
                            Go with the M42 swap, trust me!
                            Oh, the S14 is 4-cyl too, you know. :D

Well, the basics are:

Full exhaust (duh)
                            264 degree camshaft with deeper diving (not sure how that is called in English)
                            Polished valves and intake manifold
                            Lowered cylinder head, quite a lot
                            Stronger valve springs (from a Cosworth, don't know the exact model, not a Ford fan)
                            High compression gasket
                            ECU programmed on a dyno
                            4.27 open diff

The rest are minor compared to the above (e.g. colder Brisk LGS spark plugs, ignition wires, free flow air filter, etc) but each adds to it a little bit.

The engine performs but not very linear, actually it is dead below 2500rpm and wakes up after 3000rpm and due to the very high compression it cannot run properly on anything less but shell 100 octane fuel. Not the most user friendly engine admittedly!

In a few weeks I will try and see if it is better to remove the modified cam and install and original cam and ECU. At least it should be able to use normal fuel but I want to see what the HP expense will be.

With only the camshaft I got about 107HP on the wheels, on a mustang dyno (I think some people may have seen one of these up close, it's an american dyno anyway!).

Tuning the M40 engine is NOT very wise and cost-friendly. I just happen to have a lot of friends (including mechanics, engine repair shops etc) so most of these most cost me as much as the parts I was buying, less than 1/5 of what a normal person would pay. And still I'd rather have a M42, but you cannot find a good 20 y/o sports engine here anymore!

Comment

I will chase you and kill you in sight in order to take them!!!

And about the lowering issues in Greece thats my car 3.5mm lowered front/rear with 195/60/R14 wheels, and what is left from the oil pan...
                              Originally posted by scabzzzz
                              Plastic bumpers eat a chrome dick!

Comment

Hey do you know Efthimiou? , Hes in Peristeri and had a real DTM E30 M3 . its yellow. I know the guy , really nice guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X