what 600 can buy you in socal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what 600 can buy you in socal

i picked this little monster up two miles from my house this morning. Its an 89 auto ix. i got a great deal on it but there are plenty of problems. The main thing is it does not shift into anything but Reverse http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=93244 . It looks great but every panel has some pretty big size dents or scratches on it. The skirts and flares are the best part of the body so thats lucky. i am pretty sure i will part it out. I hate to part out a rust free diamondswartz ix but it has way to many things wrong with the body to make it worth my time and the tranny probably needs a change. The best part about gettting this car was i had to drive it home 2 miles backwards. I was driving on normal roads doing about 25-30 in reverse. A cop did stop me, what are the odds, but he just looked confused and told me to get a tow truck. I just waited 5 min and went on my way, laughing the whole time. I am sure i can make close to what i picked it up for on the wheels alone, they are nice with brand new tires. I suppose spacers will be needed for you non ix'ers. I will be making a for sale thread soon enough, but PM me if you want to buy anything.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

death for you if you part it out, save this e30, its hard to find rust free e30s

Comment

Damn you rust free Californians. Is the interior nice? Fix tranny -> awesome winter beater.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
        Damn you rust free Californians. Is the interior nice? Fix tranny -> awesome winter beater.
        +1 Wish I could find one here in Illinois for that price.
        Continuous For Sale Thread
        323i s50

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
          Um, there is no real need to have a separate "winter beater" in Cali because we don't really get a winter...

-Erik

Comment

winter beater....we need a summer beater so the heat doesnt kill our motors, fade our paint, and crack our dashes.

Comment

Originally posted by erik325i View Post
              Um, there is no real need to have a separate "winter beater" in Cali because we don't really get a winter...

-Erik
              Well, then damn you and your winter free California.

Comment

If you do part it out, lemme know what you want for the trunk lid.
                Reminiscing...

Comment

this makes me sick Im just letting you know
                  HDE30 <3

Comment

Really nice looking lights.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Avus E30 View Post
                      this makes me sick Im just letting you know
                      yea its bad, you need to find an e30 stat.
                      Originally posted by Raxe View Post
                      Really nice looking lights.
                      They really are nice. The left side ellips seems to be under a year old along with the left fog light.

Comment

Originally posted by rede30 View Post
                        yea its bad, you need to find an e30 stat.
                        im working on it. if someone has a lead in the stl area Ill be there in 2 weeks or so.
                        HDE30 <3

Comment

Wow man I am always amazed at ur finds. You should swap a manual into that and have a nice dd, or follow the original plan of parting. Still, manual would be titties!!!
                          Originally posted by csermonet47
                          Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

Comment

i dont understand why you are parting it. There are plenty of guys parting Auto IX's with good trannys.
                            If this thing was ridden with rust and horribly beaten i would agree. But for goodness sakes! Fix it and sell it for mad profit.
                            sigpic

Comment

i think he should put a 5 speed in it and then sell it to me
                              HDE30 <3

Comment

Working...
                              X