Dynoed my JC Chipped e30 today!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynoed my JC Chipped e30 today!!

So a local shop had a Euro dyno day today- 3 Pulls for $50. Can't beat that, so I figured I'd let the little e30 rip.

So I was a dumbass and got hungry so I went to get some grub and came back and I was up. So the car was already hot from the 88 deg temp outside and my crazy driving.

135 hp & 146 lbs/tq at the wheels!

It's kinda sad that I'm all excited about that since my Bi-Turbo S4 makes more than twice that at all 4 wheels, but I was happy. After the first run the numbers quickly dropped. So I think if I hadn't driven to get food and jumped right on the dyno I might have had 2 or 3 more HP/TQ, but whatever.

Here's my run sheet:

Last edited by SoCal Life; 08-19-2007, 06:27 PM.

e30 325is - e30 M3 [FOR SALE] - Audi S4 - '78 F-250 .....clicky clicky

Whats the mileage of the motor? And weather conditions?
    Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
    EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
    FullOpp Stickers for sale!
    NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
    Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
    ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

205,500 Miles and it was about 88 Degs out side and kinda humid (well humid for San Diego, so not really at all).

Comment

That makes me feel good that my 200k mile m20b25 with 10 psi and MS made 238.5whp and 239 tq on a dyno dynamics.

:: PNW Crew ::
        '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal Life View Post
          So a local shop had a Euro dyno day today- 3 Pulls for $50. Can't beat that, so I figured I'd let the little e30 rip.

So I was a dumbass and got hungry so I went to get some grub and came back and I was up. So the car was already hot from the 88 deg temp outside and my crazy driving.

135 hp & 146 lbs/tq at the wheels!

It's kinda sad that I'm all excited about that since my Bi-Turbo S4 makes more than twice that at all 4 wheels, but I was happy. After the first run the numbers quickly dropped. So I think if I hadn't driven to get food and jumped right on the dyno I might have had 2 or 3 more HP/TQ, but whatever.

Here's my run sheet:

love your wheels

Comment

so the chip and thats it?
            those wheels look fierce coupled with the stance
            Originally posted by ebelements
            Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

dyno dynamics usually read more accurate (ie a little lower)
              sigpic

Comment

My dyno dynamics read 260.6whp at 7psi. Granted my motor has 70,000 miles :p
                Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by sticksdaman View Post
                  so the chip and thats it?
                  those wheels look fierce coupled with the stance

Yeah, just a chip- stock air filter and Exhaust.

Thanks, I love my wheels and will only get rid of them when a set of 16's go up for sale. This pic went over well in the "Rolling Pics" thread:

Comment

sell me your wheels
                    IT IS BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES - emiliano zapata!

Comment

Originally posted by MIZTERIO View Post
                      sell me your wheels
                      Sure, I'd love to! Just find me some RS003's and my RS001's are yours. :D

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal Life View Post
                        Sure, I'd love to! Just find me some RS003's and my RS001's are yours. :D
                        Do a 5 lug swap & I'll sell you some RSs in 16's (I'll even give you the HOMIE DISCOUNT). They're gold centers, too.

Rey
                        "Simply because you can breathe doesn't mean you're ALIVE or that you really LIVE...." - Rise Against

Comment

Not bad at all! I was just thinking about that car today haha.
                          sigpic
                          "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Average numbers, I'd be happy with them. Nothing is chronically bad with your engine :)

Your car looks incredible man, keep up the good work.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Ya, loving the car!

Comment

Working...
                              X